FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Do U Think Of The Canadian Olimpic Mittens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all know the Canadians are selling Olimpic Red Mittens. Now other countries like Italy are selling nice pairs of gloves, etc.. They said that they want Canadians to wear them and show them off in the opening ceremonies, which they did. but there was a problem. Wayne Gretzky couldn't barely hold the tourch with those stupid things on, He had a hard time. I mean, if your gonna make a pair of mittens, atleast make them gloves, you can barely hold an olimpic flame tourch with those stupid things, that is one thing Canada did not realize, they wanted to sacrifice safely instead for profits and marketing of those stupid gloves. Blah!
overhyped
btw... gretzky and the thousands of torch runners who had the mittens seemed to have little troubles..

[Image: 2b5a4195460eaad10b2109521391.jpeg]

[Image: Olympic-Flame-arrives-in-Canada-at-Victo...elay_7.jpg]

They even trusted some senior citizens into a majority-wood-constructed parliament..
[Image: 1210200930023P.jpg]
and she didn't burn the place down or anything...

So I don't think Gretzky had much trouble -- not having to run and all...
I believe that old lady was a past Olympian. I would have liked to see gloves as i'd never wear mittens lol but then again they're just a souvenir anyway, and I don't need another pair of gloves lol.
I'm probably the only one here who owns a pair but I just wear them to keep my dang hands warm!
I guess the reason why the Great One had problems carrying the torch was due to the fact that it was raining and he had to hold on to a pick-up truck at the same time. My wife loves the mittens I got for her.
My Father was a torch barer in Sundridge ON and he didn't have much touble. The Torch Barer mittens are different than the one you buy at The Bay. The Barer Mittens have a rubber grip on the palm where the retail ones do not. Not sure what Waynes problem was.
euro_zx5,Feb 27 2010, 11:58 AM Wrote:I believe that old lady was a past Olympian....
[right][snapback]302303[/snapback][/right]

oh, I know... but even Olympians can suffer essential tremors with age.
darkpuppet,Feb 27 2010, 04:13 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Feb 27 2010, 11:58 AM Wrote:I believe that old lady was a past Olympian....
[right][snapback]302303[/snapback][/right]

oh, I know... but even Olympians can suffer essential tremors with age.
[right][snapback]302311[/snapback][/right]

True enough. lol