FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just watching the news and see the third head on collision this week because of a drunk going the wrong way on the major highways here in the GTA.

How hard would it be to put those "one way only" spikes on all the on/off ramps? Seriously, it makes so much sense and wouldn't be hard to do.
Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter
What's to stop someone who is drunk enough from still going ahead? I've seen drunk drivers do pretty stupid things...

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Oct 5 2008, 06:30 PM Wrote:Just watching the news and see the third head on collision this week because of a drunk going the wrong way on the major highways here in the GTA.

How hard would it be to put those "one way only" spikes on all the on/off ramps? Seriously, it makes so much sense and wouldn't be hard to do.
[right][snapback]273890[/snapback][/right]

Well I agree with you 100% If it means saving lives, it seems very simple as well.
wouldn't they able to drive on steelies still? it will slow them down though
Gravter,Oct 5 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter
[right][snapback]273891[/snapback][/right]

It shouldn't be that much of a problem, just like train tracks you lift just a little bit plus all plows rest on skies so they should float over.
The only problem with that would be if there is a MAJOR collision emergency crews would not be able to just the thing they want to stop. I have seen in a couple instances an ambulance and fire truck going against traffic flow to get to a wreck on the hiway.

I am all for the idea. It would also stop the morons that back up the ramp to get out of traffic.
I'm all for the roadside suspensions and impounding for those who have successfully evaded Darwinism for more than 10 years and have a record of being pylons behind the wheel.

Get the s*** off the roads and stop giving them licenses! :angry:

PS - we got stopped at a RIDE / seatbelt check today at Hwy 11 / 654 (Callander) cutoff on the "long way home" from a friend's place in Powassan. Good stuff, OPP. Catch those retards, PLEASE! :D
Gravter,Oct 5 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter
[right][snapback]273891[/snapback][/right]
Not a problem if they're the spring loaded ones I've seen, they sit down if you're going the right way.
yaa im sure one way spikes wouldn't go down there not that easy to drive over everyone will be going over them at 2 kmph and say theres traffic and u get stopped ontop of it and the spikes pop a tire, yaa i can never see that hapened