FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Polishing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a place like a detail shop that will do it for me? Where (Toronto/GTA)?

Before 20 people post "DIY it's easy blah blah blah" I am quite sure I could but the time and interest is just not there
2001 ZTS,Oct 4 2008, 03:04 PM Wrote:Is there a place like a detail shop that will do it for me? Where (Toronto/GTA)?

Before 20 people post "DIY it's easy blah blah blah" I am quite sure I could but the time and interest is just not there
[right][snapback]273854[/snapback][/right]

The windshield repair kiosk at my local crappy tire advertises that they polish headlights. I have no idea whether or not they're any good or how much it costs.
Get a rubbing compound and do it your self that way. Most of the time its faded on the outside about 30%and the other 70% it on the inside.
Scorcher000,Oct 4 2008, 05:14 PM Wrote:Get a rubbing compound and do it your self that way. Most of the time its faded on the outside about 30%and the other 70% it on the inside.
[right][snapback]273861[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:

As I said, I lack time or interest for such things and am not exactly on a student budget.

Interesting to hear those %'s and they make sense; the heat from the lamps on the inside does that would be my guess. However, in my case I have the MACH Edition HID's so there is next to no heat built up inside the housing. From what I see, it is all road abrasion and the fact that since I am downtown Toronto I park outside all the time and thus there is fading. The damage is no doubt from the outside in for me at least and a well done polishing would probably do wonders.
Are you the guy that took the mudflaps off my hands a couple of months ago. If you are see if you can make it out to the massive meet and I'll polish them by hand for you. Sounds like a plan.
I can't remember where i saw it (probably FF), but i believe there is replacement leanses you can buy for the Mach/SVT HIDs. Since they are GLASS and not plastic, i'm not sure if the plastic polish will have any effect
No it's not plastic polish it's really just polishing compounds for paint. The good stuff. I do see your point and if it is glass which I do believe they are not ( I remember seeing them and telling him that I could do it before) then I wouldn't be able to do it then. Either way come on by.
Slowly remove her blouse, undo her bra and then lick gently.
If you need me to stop by and "do it for you", I'll ask the wife.
She's into it.

Oh, you mean that kind of headlight.
meford4u,Oct 5 2008, 04:19 AM Wrote:Slowly remove her blouse, undo her bra and then lick gently.
If you need me to stop by and "do it for you", I'll ask the wife.
She's into it.

Oh, you mean that kind of headlight.
[right][snapback]273874[/snapback][/right]

LOL :)

yeah! please be specific in regards to what kind of headlight you want to polish :)
I'm about to polish mine...but have lost track of the DIY article on how to do it. How have you guys gone about it? or direct me back to the article!! lol
Where in Toronto are you located?

My cousin has a detail shop in Thornhill.

Pro Auto Tint & Detail
60 Green Lane, Unit 27
(905) 731-TINT(8468)

Ask for John Colomvakos. B)
most autoglass places will do it but they just dont advertise it, i have a friend that works at apple autoglass and we brought a friends car in and he did it in 10 minuntes with a powerball and rubbing compund. his went from yellow to clear in no time. just look for an apple autoglass or other autoglass places and they should be able to take care of you