FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My 1st Suby Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed a Kart boy shifter knob, and ss shifter. Yes, I know my car isnt an sti, call me a ricer. The sti sticker looked better than the kartboy one. Also installed the shifter bushing kit.

[Image: IMG_1265.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1270.jpg]

And I had these installed by a freind. My oil pressure guauge is screwed up though. At idle it should be just under 3, and it stays pinned at 7. Even when the car is off!

Boost guage is working fine though...will call the vendor to see what we can do. In these pics you cant tell, but when guages are off, the lenses are tinted, when you turn the car on, it becomes clear and does a full sweep. Well, except the oil guague it does like 2-3 sweeps :blink:

The pod is made by autometer.

[Image: IMG_1267.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1268.jpg]
pod looks pretty good, same with the shifter, who cares if the sticker is rice, it still looks dope lol
Looks good!!

I wish autometer made a cluster like that for the focus!!
My Hardk0re version does the trick pretty good tho :D

And who says it's rice that you have an STi sticker on your shifter? I can understand if you badged it up on the outside as an STi, then yes that would be rice. I guess i'm kinda bias with my RS shifter :lol:
love the gauges......im gonna look into that style

what are your PSI? 12?

STi's products are pretty popular in regular wrx world

went to the shop with 4 other scooby's tonight to install full 3" downpipe,catback on one
and engine mounts on the other
14 psi. stock boost. This guage measures in BAR...so I hit about 1 bar and a little bit when going WOT. The cooler weather is def upping that boost a little...

Next on my list is full 3" exhaust/downpipe, bigger turbo (lookign at the vf34), and a tune from tonic motorsport. Should be sitting close to 300 then. B)

Also trying to find a set of springs...thinking to go with the pink sti ones...

I love this shifter...that is one thing I missed when selling the focus was the B&M ss. Life is back to normal now. :lol:

NIK: Is your clutch 'hard' to press in? My freind last night said that wasnt normal, but its been like that since I bought it...said I should get the dealer to check it out...
the frong pod looks very clean as for the gauges they wouldn't be my 1st choice. i never really liked boost gauges that read like 1.0-1.5 I would rather see 10-15
Yeah, that will definitely get you up to 300 BHP. You've got the 2.5L block, right? Maybe a newer STi intake manifold would help out as well as you get to upping the flow.

I like it with the Bar reading... keepin' it Metric. :D
Yes STI block...

Keeping the stock intake, just going to improve the flo with some intake tube modifications. ;)
What brand gauges are those?
Is the boost mechanical or electrical?
I'm looking for a couple good gauges myself.
paulicat,Oct 3 2008, 10:16 AM Wrote:What brand gauges are those?
Is the boost mechanical or electrical?
I'm looking for a couple good gauges myself.
[right][snapback]273786[/snapback][/right]

Check out this sale then...

http://www.redliners.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14980

They are called ignited..if your plannign to go with these, you will have lots of sanding to do on that pod I made you. They say theyre 52mm, but I had to sand the autometer pod a little to get these to fit in properly. They should fit though with some sanding. the autometer boost gauge I used to measure your pod fit perfectly in this wrx pod.

How do you find the response of the electrical boost gauge?
Is it as fast as a mechanical gauge?
paulicat,Oct 3 2008, 10:51 AM Wrote:How do you find the response of the electrical boost gauge?
Is it as fast as a mechanical gauge?
[right][snapback]273792[/snapback][/right]

Response is ok, the autometer mech boost gauge on the focus was faster....but then again, sometimes it showed 15psi at WOT, when the elec boost controller was only showing 12. :ph34r:

Both will have thier disadvantages and advantages.
Sounds good, I'll look into those a bit further.
I don't have much trust in mechanical boost gauges these days.
Flofocus,Oct 3 2008, 08:12 AM Wrote:NIK:  Is your clutch 'hard' to press in?  My freind last night said that wasnt normal, but its been like that since I bought it...said I should get the dealer to check it out...
[right][snapback]273773[/snapback][/right]

yeah its somewhat hard.....grabs pretty fast.....not sure how bad this is.....im thinking its normal since its AWD

they do recommened to check clutch clearence at my milege
nice shifter! I think it looks great,and not rice :headbang: