FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Saving Tips, That Work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I got this from another Forum and I thought I would share :P

1) Ditch the fat friends
Seriously. They cost more money to haul around, and they'll probably ask you to stop at Taco Bell. Then you'll idle in the drive-thru, wasting gas, and you'll STILL wind up paying for three grande burritos. And that gas ain't the kind you need in your tank.

2) Paint is heavy
Sand down your car to bare metal and you can save nearly 60 pounds. Sure, it might rust, but rust holes don't weigh anything. Lighter is better.

3) 80 psi per tire
A cushy ride is overrated, and you'll be skimming across the pavement like a figure skater.

4) A foot behind a semi truck is prime drafting location
Tuck up under their back bumper and you'll get pulled along with minimal effort.

5) Cover your front end in duct tape
Your grille creates drag, so tape that sucker up. Plus, duct tape comes in cool colors.

6) Buy a tow bar and hang out near a truck stop
Someone with a big truck is bound to offer to haul you to your destination. Wear a skirt and look confused.

7) Take a good healthy dump before you drive anywhere
Again, weight is the enemy. Drive naked if you want.

8) Unplug every other injector and the corresponding spark plug
You'll still keep up with a Prius and get better mileage.

9) If one Tornado improves fuel economy by 10%, buy ten and use no fuel at all
Throw a couple magnets on your fuel line and you'll actually be MAKING gas. Then sell it back to Chevron.

10) Build your own "excess fuel extraction device" out of a length of garden hose and go prospecting at the mall parking lot
You'd be amazed how much gasoline is hidden in storage tanks disguised as cars.

* its humor btw dont take it too serious!
LOL

good one
this is great! haha good laugh for sure
you forgot one more:

drive less!

haha i fill up once a month cuz i drive less :)
another...

Use your CAA membership - You get 200km of free towing with CAA, why not use it?

with a gold membership they will even tow it up to 4 times. when gas was higher people would run out of gas on purpose just to get $10 free gas from CAA
Coast down hills!!!

Drive other peoples cars!

Hell steal a car!!

Take the train, ride your bike, your buddy's mom
oh yeah take out your windows and have flow through air conditioning

remove all necessary pulleys being used under engine... all you need is a alternator and water pump and crank and you can make use of an electric water pump too