FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Do You Guys Think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been torn since I got rid of the focus on what my next toy should be. I know that down the line I will build a 00-04 Mustang GT but not sure if this year is the best time as it will cost be a good chunck of change to get it just the way I like.

Now here comes the dilema I also want a bike either a R6 or GSXR in Blue A friend of mine is upgrading to a 1000 CC this spring and his GSXR is going up for sale. Its blue and carbon and reminds me of my focus and I totally love the Blue and carbon combo.

It's a 07 GSXR 600 with about 18,000 km the frame and misc parts are wrapped in Carbon with Blue fairings. It hasn't been in an accident but he dropped it on the side while parking and the front fairing was repainted blue and stickers were removed.

So what do you guys think should I pull the trigger and put down a depoist and take delivery in may. Or should I save up my pennies and keep looking for a Mustang.
[Image: IMG00247-20100218-1119.jpg]
A bike is nice but is limited by the obvious (weather, passenger/stuff hauling) and the not so obvious (have you checked the insurance rates on the bike vs. a Mustang GT for example?)

In the end only you can make the decision about what you want to have at the end of your plans.

NefCanuck
My dad's got a 97 E-250 with a 5.4L that we dont know what wrong with the motor. We just want the doors off it.
$250 and she yours, you could you that motor to start ur Stang up
I like cars too.. but not a big fan of the 00-'04 stangs... it's a toss-up.. you'll have to figure which you prefer more. The bike is cheaper to operate tho.
is there like a focuscanada.net but for motorcycles that maybe you can become a member of too? that would also be cool if that existed and they could talk about bikes and stuff.
judging by what if seen with ur focus you wont be happy with the 600. you find your self upgrading aswell

NefCanuck,Feb 26 2010, 12:38 PM Wrote:A bike is nice but is limited by the obvious (weather, passenger/stuff hauling) and the not so obvious (have you checked the insurance rates on the bike vs. a Mustang GT for example?)

In the end only you can make the decision about what you want to have at the end of your plans.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]302228[/snapback][/right]

I haven't priced out insurance on a stang but this bike will only cost me $13** full coverage and I think thats really good since its my 1st bike I only have a M2 and its a sportbike.

As for lugging stuff around we have a daily driver for that.

paolo,Feb 26 2010, 01:09 PM Wrote:is there like a focuscanada.net but for motorcycles that maybe you can become a member of too?  that would also be cool if that existed and they could talk about bikes and stuff.
[right][snapback]302234[/snapback][/right]

Yes its called gtamotorcycles.com and there is also gsxr specific forums like gixxxer

Jmountney1,Feb 26 2010, 01:09 PM Wrote:judging by what if seen with ur focus you wont be happy with the 600.  you find your self upgrading aswell
[right][snapback]302235[/snapback][/right]

Well theres no way Im gonna start on a 750 or a 1000 So I need to start somewhere.

Im thinking I would be saving around 5-7 G's from buying the Bike and buying a stang in decent condition and then for the stang i want a body kit and turbo and don't say get the stang and keep it stock I won't have it lol
Comes down to a few variables:

Do you storage for the bike or car?

How long have you been riding and what is the insurance going to be on this particular bike?

Like the others said bikes are fun but your limited in terms of weather and sudden weather changes.
I wouldn't be driving the stang in s***ty conditions either so on that topic its pretty even. Ohh and I already have all the gear only thing I might spend money on is a new helmet.
it sounds like your trying to convince us to say bike.

you have my permission to get the bike :)
paolo,Feb 26 2010, 12:09 PM Wrote:is there like a focuscanada.net but for motorcycles that maybe you can become a member of too?  that would also be cool if that existed and they could talk about bikes and stuff.

oh fawk :huh:

double facepalm on this comment

Drew get a bike, its a lot of fun. I'm going for my M1 very shortly. 600cc is plenty for the first bike.
Oh and don't cheap out on the helmet bro
Dre just keep the VW as a daily driver....A bike is fun but you love speed and you know the things that could happen. Drivers these day can't drive either.

You should get a dirt bike much more fun we can go ride in the summer.... A car is still safer and you can drive it all year round.
Tiketz,Feb 26 2010, 09:10 PM Wrote:Dre just keep the VW as a daily driver....A bike is fun but you love speed and you know the things that could happen. Drivers these day can't drive either.

You should get a dirt bike much more fun we can go ride in the summer.... A car is still safer and you can drive it all year round.
[right][snapback]302253[/snapback][/right]

you have a dirt bike? what you have?

i second the dirt bike its a better idea
i would say get the bike as a filler, then once you have the money get the stang eventually. all depends what you want really. i have seen some cobra replicas on autotrader a few times, usually with a vortech sc and such for like 15k range in the body style your looking at. keep looking around, you will find something you like.
Yamaha Raptors are fun :)
NikiterZTS,Feb 26 2010, 09:37 PM Wrote:Yamaha Raptors are fun :)
[right][snapback]302257[/snapback][/right]

gutless :)
paolo,Feb 26 2010, 12:09 PM Wrote:is there like a focuscanada.net but for motorcycles that maybe you can become a member of too?  that would also be cool if that existed and they could talk about bikes and stuff.
Another stupid idea courtesy of Paolo.

Oh and bike versus mustang.............Can't really be impartial. Wife won't let me have a bike(besides, fat ass on bike, not pretty) I think you were trying to save for a house/kid/marriage/something I can't remember??? Get a bike and be done with it. Buy a used one and try it out to see if you really enjoy it and have fun. The Mustang will always be there.
Go with the bike... Easier to do a wheelie.
BIKE I did and can't wait till spring
Jmountney1,Feb 26 2010, 04:39 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Feb 26 2010, 09:37 PM Wrote:Yamaha Raptors are fun :)
[right][snapback]302257[/snapback][/right]

gutless :)
[right][snapback]302258[/snapback][/right]

full of lies
i love that thing
Pages: 1 2