FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warranty Question Regarding Cars With Mtx-75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what i am wondering is:

1) is there an outlined difference in warranty on the autotragic compared to the mxt-75
2) is there an actual place in say warranty book pro rating the warranty?

the reason i ask is because i brought my zx4 in to get checked/fixed. it has roughly 30k on the clock. now i got a call about an hour after dropping it off and taking them out for a drive in it telling me that it turns out that its not the shifter assembly but rather the internals of the tranny. ok cool they're guna rip it apart great to hear. he pauses then says do you authorize us to take it apart? i say why do i need to authorize it. well i was told that depending on what they find when it is opened up, either i will be covered of i will not be. due to the fact that it is a stick shift they say that the warranty is not the same because of driving habits and abilities to drive etc. and that ford mite not cover it. well if there is not something stated in the warranty booklet, i want to know because then i can take it to them and show them. odds are its gunna be on my dollar and i realize that but i would rele like to keep my money in my hands not theirs lol

so check your warranty manuals if you dont mind and see if u can find something, or if u already know 100% then shout it out

thanks a bunch guys
I can give you my recent experience with mtx75, warranty and 2 breakdowns within 1 week.
Basically, I was missing one of the pins on the flywheel since the factory, after 5 years it finally let go. I was under extended warranty (thank god I actually bought the premium) at the time so I knew I was in for $100 minimum.
Well, they thought the crank sensor was dead, they tried replacing it and I got less than a km away from the dealership before it died again.
So, the next morning I got the call you just got, do you authorize us, blah blah.
I asked why, and this is how it was explained to me, if the problem can be proven to be my driving habits then I will be charged...how they could prove it is beyond me. I never got an explanation as to "how" they could possibly prove it but I'm sure they have reasonably decent forensic techniques...
I don't think there is a "different" warranty though, its more along the lines of did you kill it or did it die on its own.
Good luck either way!
i just went out to my dads 08 f250 and read the warranty book and read the section covering "what is not covered under warranty" and basically the only way they can technically not cover you as far as the book reads, is to prove that you were either racing the car or driving it improperly, which means that you were using it as a stationary power source, hoping curbs, etc. none of which they can prove unless the go balls out and snoop the internet and take a guess as to what my tag name is etc on different forum sites. so im now waiting for the call to say to me that the car is ready to be picked up and all is covered or the call that starts off along the same lines and ends off with you grandtotal is : ----- either way im ready to talk to their service manager and and representative from ford. i wud much prefer keeping this next pay check. ill keep you guys posted on my status
raise some hell (in person in front of the customers)
i plan to along with my dad who happens to be 6'4" and 280 lbs and he can rele get a point across, its scary sometimes lol ill have him in my back pocket if need be lmao
Dude, couple of years ago my Dad picked up a V6 stang ,teal green, the body style just after the fox body. It was for my crack head brother to drive. Well he drove the hell out of it. It was an automatic V6 that he took almost every weekend up to wasaga(I can't spell that lol)and did burnouts comps there with it. Cooked the motor he did and we took it to ford for the repair of it under the waranty period it still had left. They said the same thing bla bla bla your raced it.(But where is the proof, how can you tell that it was driven badly or just badly put together) Now the car is in my dad's name and they knew my bro drove it so my dad was the one talking to them. My dad looks like a hells angel biker but hes got no bike lol. Told them straight out flat if I wanted to race it he would of got a 5.0L. They woke up and didn't say much and fixed it. A brandnew f'n motor in the car. Fear goes along way some days . Good Luck and scare the s*** out of them, tell them that if you were going to drive it mean you would of got a V8 stang.
well so far i think im building up enough ammunition against them if they say anything against a warranty repair. i cud use the excuse that i wud have got an ST lol it doesnt help having header, full exhaust and intake tho along with rear mount.... that may scream racing but wheres the proof right? ive got no traces of number on the car, no time slips in the car etc. im gunna keep my head up in hope that i dont have to mess around but if i fail my dad seems to be able to make anyone uneasy just by being in the same room most times
Go from the service counter to the service manager's office. Tell him that you don't appreciate being called a poor driver when none of the service reps are licensed driving instructors. Then, tell him that you have a warranty for a reason and if it's not honoured you're heading to the dealership GM's office.

IF you get that high and no luck, tell them they have a day to fix it while you type the final draft of a complaints letter to both Ford of Canada and the local newspapers / TV stations.

That ought to do it. If you do get right to the media, you might want to find a new dealer afterward, cause guaranteed they don't like being made fools of or having the fact that they're fools brought to light.
Ok, quick questions here...

1. Have you been asked to pay anything yet?

2. Have they accused you of driving improperly, etc.?

If not, take what the service advisor said as legal mumbo-jumbo. They say that every time to cover their ass.

Since you have an MTX-75, your clutch isn't covered under warrantee, from what I remember. If they find that your clutch is at fault, they will repair the tranny under warrantee, but you would have to pay for the new clutch.

If the issue is strictly transmission, then they should cover it 100%. You haven't gotten to the fluid change interval yet, so it can't be due to neglect.

Just make sure you have no time slips in the cup holder/grease numbers on windows/videos online of you racing, and you should be good. :lol:
Ok I have a story that might be relavant to this situation I had a friend that had a Mazda Speed he up graded the diff with aftermarket product he blew the tranny and took it to his own mechanic he dropped the tranny swapped the diffs back and while the tranny was down he noticed what the problem was, but anyways expensive tranny they bolted up the tranny back and took it to the dealer saying that the gears were shredded or w/e it was they opened up the tranny replaced some parts and said it was fixed he picked up the car and the tranny was not 100% fixed he took it back and complained so they opened it up again and said how did you know that was the problem he said i just knew they put the tranny in his trunk and mazda told him to pick up his car because it was no longer covered under warrabty due to openeing up the tranny. So yaa basically if you haven't done any mods to the car and kept it stock they can't say it was your fault just cover ur @$$
well i have some really good news, and some slighty not good news, but good even still lol. they are going to fixed my transmission. apparently i need a new shifter mechanism and some stuff inside the tranny, he didnt explain it over the phone, but its likely synchros, thats my best guess. some of the parts tho have to come from the states and will be 3-5 days in transit and if im lucky i will have the car friday, if not i cant cruise to CSCS with it this weekend. o well i have a fusion V6 SEL fwd to cruise about in until that time, sales guy gave me his demo for the down time :D. i made sure to have no time slips in the car and used a razor blade to remove any traces of track numbers on the car. i do however have a posted video as some might of saw, but now im pretty well off the hook thankfully. im surprised they arent replacing the clutch tho, i havent been very nice to it lets put it that way. time to start and baby this thing again lol atleast when i can that is. im definately going to ask what the cost would have been like otherwise tho, i wanna know how much i WOULD of had to fork out.
so i guess that means no slicks for cscs
lol bring them with u so i have them for the future. i can even use them on my stang with spacers as it has 4x108 bolt pattern haha