FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canada Hockey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
paolo,Feb 28 2010, 07:14 PM Wrote:what the heck is FTW?  ive never seen that acronom before.

But they won BTW!  what a good game.  oh and congratz to USA for their silver medal,  so they dont feel so bad.
[right][snapback]302373[/snapback][/right]

FTW = FOR THE WIN!

You disappoint me Paolo...
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 28 2010, 07:20 PM Wrote:
paolo,Feb 28 2010, 07:14 PM Wrote:what the heck is FTW?  ive never seen that acronom before.

But they won BTW!  what a good game.   oh and congratz to USA for their silver medal,   so they dont feel so bad.
[right][snapback]302373[/snapback][/right]

FTW = FOR THE WIN!

You disappoint me Paolo...
[right][snapback]302375[/snapback][/right]

lol... a 'techie' that doesn't know online abbreviations. Pff...

But anyway... so glad for Canada's win!
woot canada
euro_zx5,Feb 28 2010, 07:23 PM Wrote:lol... a 'techie' that doesn't know online abbreviations. Pff...

But anyway... so glad for Canada's win!
[right][snapback]302376[/snapback][/right]

thats right, its not a great abbreviation anyway, I'd rather use GCG - GO CANADA GO! why would anyone say for the win! they already won?

I also find it funny how half the game they kept referring to the goalie as Roberto LOngo, not LUongo like they should. Guess they cant see that big U in his jersey.
Here's a question... About a year ago, as some of you remember, CTV purchased the rights to the old HNIC theme and they said they were going to use it for their olympic coverage this year... Did they even use it? I haven't even heard it. Sounds like it was a waste of money.
Well deserved win for Canada. Crosby is gonna get more pussy tonight then he ever did.

24 sec left till the game was done i bet Canada shat themselves.....at least i did!

PoUlo you seem to suprise me every single day......You're so FTL
the closing ceremonies are opening with a joke made on the broken couldron... BEST START EVER!

BTW.. you can still hear the horns honking and the cow bells ringing up Yonge St in Toronto.. it's NUTS!
Poulo this has your buh humbug name all over it.......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 28 2010, 08:46 PM Wrote:Here's a question... About a year ago, as some of you remember, CTV purchased the rights to the old HNIC theme and they said they were going to use it for their olympic coverage this year...  Did they even use it?  I haven't even heard it.  Sounds like it was a waste of money.
[right][snapback]302381[/snapback][/right]

They use it for every hockey board cast by TSN, just re did it by the rush drummer
What a mess of Young street last nite. was anyone else there? it was a helluva celebration though.
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 28 2010, 06:46 PM Wrote:Here's a question... About a year ago, as some of you remember, CTV purchased the rights to the old HNIC theme and they said they were going to use it for their olympic coverage this year...  Did they even use it?  I haven't even heard it.  Sounds like it was a waste of money.

Haha they only used it once, in the closing ceremonies.
I wish I could have been there, but a lot more trouble getting from the U.K. to Canada let alone just getting tickets :lol:

But some friends of mine and 2 ex team mates who are Canadian came over to my house for some serious drinking. They near enough trashed my house in excitement, can imagine what the streets of Vancouver were like :lol:
There are alot of hangover people at work today.
Had to drive through downtown toronto to get back to the sheraton last night. What a fawkin party!!!

What game too. Im glad they won, my heart couldnt handle much more....lol
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 28 2010, 06:46 PM Wrote:Here's a question... About a year ago, as some of you remember, CTV purchased the rights to the old HNIC theme and they said they were going to use it for their olympic coverage this year...  Did they even use it?  I haven't even heard it.  Sounds like it was a waste of money.

Actually as others have said TSN (CTV owned) uses it for their hockey broadcasts (I don't like the recently "re imaged" version by Rush, it doesn't sound as good cranked up to full blast :P)

But you may also have noticed it during the closing ceremonies as well (The sequence with the giant table top hockey players with the kid as the puck) :lol:

NefCanuck
Out of curiosity like, how does Crosby stand now in the eyes of Canadians and the general hockey fans? I seem to remember a lotta bitching about him because he cried in a game after a hard hit or something???

This isn't a piss take, generally unaware of the overall feeling from fans over the pond.
COCHYN,Mar 2 2010, 07:46 PM Wrote:Out of curiosity like, how does Crosby stand now in the eyes of Canadians and the general hockey fans? I seem to remember a lotta bitching about him because he cried in a game after a hard hit or something???

This isn't a piss take, generally unaware of the overall feeling from fans over the pond.
[right][snapback]302575[/snapback][/right]

national hero at 22
I wonder when we will see Crosby's Hockey stick up for sale on E-Bay. apparently it went missing, and its in demand.
Hero? A lotta hypocrits out there I bet though.
Pages: 1 2