FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Megasquirt Time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i finally took the plunge a bought a megasquirt unit. its a MSII with a 3.57 board. i will be running it along side the stock ecu and using ford edis-4 to run the timing. so far just reading through all of the features its an incredible system. every feature you could ever dream of megasquirt has it. launch control, boost control, anti lag, nitrous control, over boost protection its an amazing system

so far ive made a portion of my harness, i was just wonder if anyone has the capabilites of getting me a male and female EEC-V connector. i would go to the scrap yard but they only sell the entire harness. i want to run the stock harness but i need a female connector. if anyone could send me a link or let me know where i could pick one up that would be great.

well here are some pics nothing spectacular so far.

wish me luck!

[Image: IMG_1542.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1547.jpg]
wow , this is waaay over my head
kamilk69,Sep 27 2008, 10:32 AM Wrote:so far ive made a portion of my harness, i was just wonder if anyone has the capabilites of getting me a male and female EEC-V connector. i would go to the scrap yard but they only sell the entire harness. i want to run the stock harness but i need a female connector. if anyone could send me a link or let me know where i could pick one up that would be great.

I checked a few Ford sources and it does not appear that they make wiring pigtails for any ECU ... there's someone else I can check with on Monday but it doesn't look promising ... did you check the megasquirt forums ...

It seems like you've chosen your path ... did you also consider the TWEECER guys ... they might have a pigtail or something.

Also: what's this cost?

Good luck and cheers.
the ecu was 350$ i considered just buying the proracer software for 300$ but it still wont have all of the functions that megasquirt has.

so basically as soon as i have megasquirt fully running im just going to sell my sct programer for 200 or what ever the going rate is.

thanks for checking that stuff out for me you have no idea how much i appreciate it. if i cant find anything i might have to get a ecu and desolder the female connector then find a main harness and cut off the male connector.

i want to use a adapter harness just because if in the end i absolutly cant run megasquirt i will revert to sct. but mega doesnt seem soo difficult. i got most of the problems solved.
OK i've only heard this squirt stuff from you so who is going to tune it? how much did you spend on the system.
ZX3_2NV,Sep 29 2008, 06:21 PM Wrote:OK i've only heard this squirt stuff from you so who is going to tune it? how much did you spend on the system.
[right][snapback]273531[/snapback][/right]

the actual ecu cost me 380$ pre assembled. and im going to tune it myself. thats the beauty of megasquirt its a low cost system. and all software updates are free. there are schematics for the ecu everywhere and its all free. the only down side its not plug an play it must be wired in and tuned on your own. but it will work with any engine EVER! so when im done with the focus. its going in my brothers '73 twin turbo nova. it really is a great system.

so whats up with your car. full race car now?
pretty much unless someone wants to give me $2500 for my built motor but its parked for now maybe ill reasses it in a couple of years but if i go stand alone it will be a DTA
why are you parking the foci?
Bought a house if you want a spare built motor ill sell it to you for less than half of what i payed for it (almost $7000) ill part with it for $3000