FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lost Ownership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My parents lost ownership to their station wagon.
Tomorrow im planning to call Ministrty of Transporation.
What should i expect? How much does it cost to get a new green paper? How long does it take to get it?

I tried searching on their site but no luck.

Thanks fellas.
NikiterZTS,Sep 24 2008, 09:45 PM Wrote:My parents lost ownership to their station wagon.
What should i expect? How much does it cost to get a new green paper? How long does it take to get it?

Thanks fellas.
[right][snapback]273155[/snapback][/right]
Did this recently for my wife's car ... just go to the local licensing office and stand in line ... if your parents can't make it, make sure you have a letter from them giving you permission to get it on their behalf. You will need the VIN of course, possibly proof of insurance and possibly the registered owner's driver's license. I think it cost 5 or 10 bucks - can't remember which means it wasn't much.
ZTWsquared,Sep 24 2008, 09:01 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Sep 24 2008, 09:45 PM Wrote:My parents lost ownership to their station wagon.

Thanks fellas.
[right][snapback]273155[/snapback][/right]
Did this recently for my wife's car ... just go to the local licensing office and stand in line ... if your parents can't make it, make sure you have a letter from them giving you permission to get it on their behalf. You will need the VIN of course, possibly proof of insurance and possibly the registered owner's driver's license. I think it cost 5 or 10 bucks - can't remember which means it wasn't much.
[right][snapback]273157[/snapback][/right]

can i bring the copy of the driver's lisence? (not the actual plastic card)

EDIT: nm i'll just bring the actual card

thank you sir
don't forget about the letter giving you authoraztion and it's $10 to print a new card hopefully the have no hidden lost fees which wouldn't surprise me with all there cash grabs now adays
Ken is right.

Lost ownership is 10$ and you can get it from any licencing office as long as you show proof.