FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Official Election Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I vote locally and let the nationalism... err national situation sort itself out.

All I can say is the guy I wanted re-elected got re-elected, so that works for me.

Yeah Dan, I have no sympathy for those who bitch about things and then don't vote.

Now, if Harper f***s up the Senate OTOH... we're really in for it.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 16 2008, 09:47 AM Wrote:I vote locally and let the nationalism... err national situation sort itself out.

All I can say is the guy I wanted re-elected got re-elected, so that works for me.

Yeah Dan, I have no sympathy for those who bitch about things and then don't vote.

Now, if Harper f***s up the Senate OTOH... we're really in for it.
[right][snapback]274688[/snapback][/right]

The senate is useless. I hope he reforms it so we elect people to the senate, not the crap that goes on now. And if it takes him appointing a bunch of senators on 1 yr terms to push that through the senate so be it.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 16 2008, 09:47 AM Wrote:Now, if Harper f***s up the Senate OTOH... we're really in for it.
[right][snapback]274688[/snapback][/right]

He'll never get the support he needs for Senate reform (In addition to the House of Commons he needs IIRC a minimum number of provinces totalling at least 50% of the country's population because this requires a Constitutional amendment)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2