FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Window Broke On Itself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It happened to me around 2 weeks ago or so.
Basicly i was driving on the highway listening to my euro trance music having the volume half way on stock system.

Nobody was driving beside me or even close, also i was in the right lane since i had to get off soon. When all of the sudden my rear drivers side window just shaders!! I was like WTF?!!
The only thing that was holding it is the tint.
Maybe some rock or something flew from other side of the highway, i will never know. But it sucked.....cause it cost me $244 to get the new one done. BALLZZZ

[Image: window1.jpg]
[Image: window2.jpg]
Who have you pissed off lately?

Looks like a botched hit :D
Weird, the side glass isn't the safety type that the front windshield is but that breakage pattern is bizzare... :blink:

You didn't use the window recent did you? :huh:

NefCanuck
I have seen rocks fly from the other side of the highway before did It to me in my work truck company would believe me that I saw it come from a mack truck going the other way. Slipt the front window like a spider web lol tried to get me to pay for the thing f that good luck.
SL8RZZX3,Sep 20 2008, 03:33 PM Wrote:Who have you pissed off lately?

[right][snapback]272864[/snapback][/right]

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:
NefCanuck,Sep 20 2008, 04:42 PM Wrote:Weird, the side glass isn't the safety type that the front windshield is but that breakage pattern is bizzare... :blink:

You didn't use the window recent did you? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]272866[/snapback][/right]

nope :huh:

just whenever i washed my car i used that car soap stuff thats about it
i was thinkin more of a night at the roxbury scenario.
phased_focus,Sep 20 2008, 06:24 PM Wrote:i was thinkin more of a night at the roxbury scenario.
[right][snapback]272873[/snapback][/right]
[Image: whatislove0hl.gif]
lol i remember you telling me about this... so odd, some1 likely shot up a rock thats the most plausible without it being intentional lol
GFXjamie,Sep 20 2008, 07:50 PM Wrote:lol i remember you telling me about this... so odd, some1 likely shot up a rock thats the most plausible without it being intentional lol
[right][snapback]272880[/snapback][/right]

maybe there was a shi^%ty snipper after me :blink:

Damn I missed :P
meford4u,Sep 21 2008, 12:33 AM Wrote:

Damn I missed :P
[right][snapback]272890[/snapback][/right]
I told you to lead him more, but you wouldn't listen. :lol:
sorry to hear man, lucky the glass didnt fall on the back of your head or neck!
Were all the windows up? AC on?
I'm just wondering if you had the rear down that might have been causing that horrible throbbing.
Through in a truck passing to disrupt the harmonics and pop! goes the window.
If it was rock, you should see trace of an impact point.

Other than that Nik, your windows are weak dude, weak.
i never have A/C on.....but all the windows were up

i actually thought as well about harmonics

i pretty much gave up on the focus after this accident....
maybe the window committed suicide from prolonged exposure to Euro trance?
lintlars,Sep 22 2008, 05:32 AM Wrote:maybe the window committed suicide from prolonged exposure to Euro trance?
[right][snapback]272946[/snapback][/right]

hhmm, could be........its a good thing then that i didn't have my glow sticks out
Did most of the glass fall to the inside or outside of the car, this is pretty werid I must say I bet you can post the pics on FF and tell them ur Crazy system blew out a window that would be pretty funny
Our Escape did the same thing but it was the rear window. We were in the country and nothing around to hit it. It just happened but luckily glass claims will not affect your insurance rates. Unfortunately for me the deductable was about the same cost as the new window and the buggers put the rear wiper on crooked...meaning the wiper did not lay flat when it was turned off.
exact same thing happened to me while driving down the queensway in my old golf 9-10 years ago.

I was driving by a golf course though, so I think somebody didnt yell four loud enough.
Pages: 1 2