FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Goodbye Escape, Hello Tdi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it was about time to change the escape, so decided to give the Freestyle to my wife and get me a Jetta TDI instead. Since i do mostly long distance driving TDI would be a great choice for me.

its a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI , 5spd, leather and sunroof. Love it so far. Been driving for two days and the fuel gauge has not moved yet :) appreantly i'm supposed to be getting around 1000-1200 a tank so lets see.

Pic will be up soon.

ttyl. Thanks to Scorpion for carfax as well.

Mo
time to update your signature congrats on the new purchase
mo_focus,Sep 17 2008, 05:06 PM Wrote:appreantly i'm supposed to be getting around 1000-1200 a tank so lets see.

[right][snapback]272646[/snapback][/right]

And you will! My fathers best record was close to 1400 KM's on his 5 speed! :blink:

He loves his TDI's. The one he currently has is sitting at 270+k, We change dteh timing belt and water pump at 170k (preventive maintenance), the master brake cylinder JUSt went on it last week, but other than that, the car has been solid.

You will love it, I've been thinking of gettign one with the 'focus money' but the markets are taking a dive right now so good time to buy. Decisions, Decisions
How are the Escapes? I'm in the market for a truck/suv.
Raypro,Sep 17 2008, 10:45 PM Wrote:How are the Escapes? I'm in the market for a truck/suv.
[right][snapback]272654[/snapback][/right]

i think its a good time to buy any sort of SUV. prices are really low for them. I got lucky and got a good price for mine.
Yah that's why I want to buy one now, you can get an 06-08 Truck/SUV real cheap right now. I'm just waiting to hear back from the ford dealer to see what they'll give me on my '05 Focus ST for a trade in.

What do you guys think an '05 Focus ST is worth with 90.000 kms, bumper to bumper warranty to 120k, fully loaded, leather, moonroof, premium sound system...the works.

Raypro,Sep 17 2008, 09:17 PM Wrote:Yah that's why I want to buy one now, you can get an 06-08 Truck/SUV real cheap right now. I'm just waiting to hear back from the ford dealer to see what they'll give me on my '05 Focus ST for a trade in.

What do you guys think an '05 Focus ST is worth with 90.000 kms, bumper to bumper warranty to 120k, fully loaded, leather, moonroof, premium sound system...the works.
[right][snapback]272660[/snapback][/right]

I just saw a 05 St with 105km fully loaded for $7200. But yours has the extended warrenty and 15km less. I would try a private sale, you will definetly get more money. Oh yah make sure that you post the extra warrenty when you sell.
mo_focus,Sep 17 2008, 05:06 PM Wrote:Thanks to Scorpion for carfax as well.

Mo
[right][snapback]272646[/snapback][/right]

Glad to help Mo. Only takes a few minutes.

Same goes for anyone else that needs it, just ask. :D
Congratulations on the new purchase. For those of us who do mostly highway driving, a diesel is the way to go..................now, if Ford brings over some of their diesel Focus's................................. :unsure:
oldeguy,Sep 18 2008, 11:11 AM Wrote:Congratulations on the new purchase. For those of us who do mostly highway driving, a diesel is the way to go..................now, if Ford brings over some of their diesel Focus's................................. :unsure:
[right][snapback]272665[/snapback][/right]

i know, i give up waiting for them. I've also looked into getting a TDii engine over from a wrecked focus, but seemed too hard. So i just sold the car and got me a VW TDI instead.

Hopefully ford will bring some sort of small diesel engine with 2010 focus.
Escapes are great trucks... my preliminary numbers on the new tune so far are 190 KMs with 60KMs left to go till "E". That's on 27L of gas. If that's true, that's 10.8L per 100 KMs in town. With a few more tweaks, I should be just on the high side of 10L. That's all city driving, 40-60 KM/H.

The rated fuel economy on the 2008 4WD Limited is 12.5 per 100KMs in town.

Congrats on the new ride, Mo! If I can ever fit what I need to do into a Jetta TDi wagon, I'd get one. So far, that's not happening.