FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How To Install A Roush Hoodscoop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spinal,Sep 16 2008, 01:03 PM Wrote:no need if theres silicone on it.
[right][snapback]272557[/snapback][/right]
Silicone will break down over time, and quickly with the heat temperature of the engine and the sun on the hood of a car. Even with cold and freezing temperatures silicon is not a good choice. It will just fail and fall off leaving the metal exposed. If you read the label on silicon, it suggests that you don't use it in extreme temperature conditions.
Woooott!!!!! New toy is on!! Good job man. Can't wait to see it.(in person)
meford4u,Sep 16 2008, 09:48 PM Wrote:
Silicone will break down over time, and quickly with the heat temperature of the engine and the sun on the hood of a car. Even with cold and freezing temperatures silicon is not a good choice. It will just fail and fall off leaving the metal exposed. If you read the label on silicon, it suggests that you don't use it in extreme temperature conditions.
[right][snapback]272578[/snapback][/right]

A light bead of clear exterior caulking would have been a better choice for sure. I don't know if the higher-than-usual engine bay temps would have ruined the seal but it would withstand the sub-zero stuff a lot better - that's for sure.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 17 2008, 08:22 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 16 2008, 09:48 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]272578[/snapback][/right]

A light bead of clear exterior caulking would have been a better choice for sure. I don't know if the higher-than-usual engine bay temps would have ruined the seal but it would withstand the sub-zero stuff a lot better - that's for sure.
[right][snapback]272587[/snapback][/right]

That will come off with the heat off the engine overtime also.

Just listen to the guys that know wtf theyre talking about, paint it and forget about it. :rolleyes: I mean, there's a paint expert from Ford telling you whats going to happen. :rolleyes:

$100 you will have rust on that thing after this winter if you keep it the way it is??

Sorry to sound like giant pricks here, but we DO know wtf were talking about ;)
I think it looks cool!
It does look good.

We just want it to stay that way.
Flofocus,Sep 17 2008, 09:31 AM Wrote:Sorry to sound like giant pricks here, but we DO know wtf were talking about ;)
[right][snapback]272596[/snapback][/right]

Ahh, I thought he at least masked it and primed it with Tremclad or something else that inhibits rust, THEN siliconed it. My bad, I missed the part where he said "no" to painting it at all.

I'd definitely paint all cut and bare metal, regardless of what I did to it afterward.
meford4u,Sep 17 2008, 09:54 PM Wrote:It does look good. 

We just want it to stay that way.
[right][snapback]272662[/snapback][/right]

Exactly.
Mike my dad really likes that mod. He's planning on doing it to his ranger where did you get the scoop from?
i got it from a guy on FF maybe you'll get lucky =) i sure did lol. i think you can still gettem from ford...steeda may have them too.
Wow that kit looks good man, it blends in well with the GFX package.
I like the air horn upgrade too, how hard was it to instal?
konafocuswrc,Sep 18 2008, 04:38 PM Wrote:ebay..
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m3...-All-Categories
[right][snapback]272747[/snapback][/right]
if the ones off the mustangs will flow well then its fine, that ones off the roush focus and it came painted some of those are unpainted and still more than i paid.
Ya I was looking last night with him and they were pretty price thats y I asked about where you had gotton it from. Thanx
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 16 2008, 08:16 AM Wrote:Water will get sucked in there faster than hors d'oeuvres disappear at a Rosie O'Donnell birthday bash. You may as well paint "Hoover" down each side of the scoop. Or, get some decent mesh in there to at least keep large debris / ice / Dodge owners out of the engine bay.

It looks good but it'll get dirty in there fast.
[right][snapback]272511[/snapback][/right]

:angry:

now, all this time later, did it rust?
nope, why would it? lol :lol:
holy thread revival lol
free post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

looks good though, i never saw this thread before but good work! clean install
Pages: 1 2