FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Replacing Instrument Cluster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Webpage[IMG]

I was just wondering if any of you guys ever did an instrument cluster swap

my car does not have a Tachometer and it would be nice to have a gauge to see them moving .
I switched mine with one from CFM. http://www.c-f-m.com

Its alright but some of the light shines through.

There are others out there. Check the sponsors on Focaljet.com.
yeah i had done that in the past. you just have to make sure the following.

1- your cluster millage has to be the same as the donor cluster. millage from the car will not carry over to the new cluster unless you take it to yhe dealership and pay lot of money.
2- make sure you get the closest one to your current one. ie. some clusters have ABS, traction lights in different places so make sure yours atleast matches those one.

Let me know of you have any other questions.
thanks for all your replies i have no worries about the mileage i just want to souce an instrument cluster locally . and not order it online

MO where did you buy your instrument cluster ?
btw i read in focusfanatics that not all instrument cluster will work for a 2000 to 2004 SPI SE wagon, because there are different pins at the back
hotwiseguy,Sep 14 2008, 11:04 AM Wrote:btw i read in focusfanatics that not all instrument cluster will work for a 2000 to 2004 SPI SE wagon, because there are different pins at the back
[right][snapback]272370[/snapback][/right]

I have a cluster from an '02 zetec SE with tach if you are interested.
buy an aftermarket tach not a monster tach but a lil one will work just fine
hotwiseguy,Sep 14 2008, 02:54 PM Wrote:thanks for all your replies i have no worries about the mileage i just want to souce an instrument cluster locally . and not order it online

MO where did you buy your instrument cluster ?
[right][snapback]272369[/snapback][/right]

i got it from autowreckers. good thing with wreckers is that they have bunch of them in stock so hopefully you can find one that is closest to your millage. [COLOR=blue]
[Image: 3055205_21_full.jpg]

so happy with the new instrument cluster thank you MO!!