FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Am I Born Under An Unlocky Star?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
NefCanuck,Oct 19 2008, 09:43 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 18 2008, 11:49 PM Wrote:Yeah man... methinks it's new car time.

Or should I say... 2009 Ford Escape?
[right][snapback]274827[/snapback][/right]

If a new car is on the books and I don't want to go Fusion AWD again, an Escape is definitely on my radar but I'd really want to go hybrid to deal with the fact that I do a lot of slow low speed stuff during the week.

The weekends are another story of course, but the hassle is finding an '09 Escape Hybrid in Ontario at all :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]274845[/snapback][/right]

If it's a Hybrid you want, 08 or even 06-07 might be just fine. The upgrades for the 09 (besides Sync) are just the larger engine with the Atkinson-cycle 4-cyl and maybe some cosmetics IIRC. If you're low-speeding it, I don't think you need to worry about the larger engine. All years of the Hybrid have a CVT, so the new transmission doesn't come into play.

I didn't seem to have trouble getting my hands on a 08 Hybrid 4WD if I wanted one, but the cold issues made me shy away (perceived, mind you - Ford says it'll do fine).
Just a little update to show how bizarre this claim has gotten...

I called my insurance company today looking to see if I could submit an interim bill for the taxi rides, even taking the two weeks off work I've spend a boatload of cash to date on cabs.

I call the company this morning, hit the adjusters extension # and get "the extension that you have dialed does not subscribe to this service, transferring to an attendant"

My first thought was that I misdialed and that I would explain myself to whoever answered the phone. Turns out when I get a live body again that my adjuster has "left the company" and that my file has been transferred to a new adjuster :blink:

At this point when I get my car back, I'm getting it checked again by another bodyshop and I'm going to seriously start looking for a different insurance company... this is getting nuts :ph34r:

NefCanuck
wow you casued him so much stress he had to leave.
Might wanna remind us all of which great company it is that you're dealing with, Dan ;)
The company is Economical Insurance Group and the cab bills to date, including the two week "vacation" (read jailing) stands at $935! :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Update

I finally got my car back today, so far, so good, no rattles on te way back to the office, but there's enough stuff going on in the background that I fear will linger long after...

When I got the call from the shop I was advised that I had to pay the $500 deductible, at this point I was so desperate to get my car back I did, but I was not happy about it, so I called and left a message to the adjuster that was assigned to the file....

Or so I thought

Turns out that this adjuster calls me back, says that she isn't handling the file either, that my file is in the hands of a "team leader" and that the newly assigned ajuster will contact me. Meanwhile I'm out of pocket $1500...

Another twist is that apparently thhe bodyshop hasn't even been paid for the extra work yet (but released the car to me anyways thank god)

I'll post up in another thread a question regarding waxing the car's frsh parts, but right now I need to eat lunch :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Next Monday meet if you show up I'll give her a go over with my wax for ya. Good old hand polishing.
Well I am glad to hear that you finally have wheels under you again. Its about time for crying out loud. But regretfully you aren't done yet. I would suggest being vigilant with them. Be sure everything is to your standards. They screwed you around for so long its time to return the favor. Point out every little detail that isn't up to par. Check to see if your engine cover is still there.

Also, why would you have to pay a deductible when you weren't at fault?
Scorcher000,Oct 24 2008, 12:11 PM Wrote:Next Monday meet if you show up I'll give her a go over with my wax for ya. Good old hand polishing.
[right][snapback]275201[/snapback][/right]

Sure thing, you can even watch as I install my latest "mod" (Just before winter hits natch <_<)

NefCanuck
You and me both :blink: 44 days carless in Mississauga quaifies as house arrest <_<

First thing I did was give the car a once over, including popping the hood (engine cover still there thank god :ph34r:) unfortunately the batteries in my camera were dead again (It was so long between when I charged them expecting to get the car back and when I actually got the car back that they went flat again :( )

One thing I noticed was that they had to respray the hood, here's hoping this paint lasts longer than the original factory stuff did. The factory stuff was chipping like there was no tommorow :angry: ([i]This is what you get when you have a Mexican painting your car and not Meford :P)

Yeah, believe me, I'm right now out of pocket $1,500 so you can be sure that I'll be hounding my insurance company to get off their butts and cut me a check to pay for all those expenses B)

Focus man, Focus.,Oct 24 2008, 12:29 PM Wrote:Well I am glad to hear that you finally have wheels under you again.  Its about time for crying out loud.  But regretfully you aren't done yet.  I would suggest being vigilant with them.  Be sure everything is to your standards.  They screwed you around for so long its time to return the favor.  Point out every little detail that isn't up to par.  Check to see if your engine cover is still there. 

Also, why would you have to pay a deductible when you weren't at fault?
[right][snapback]275202[/snapback][/right]
wha when did this happen? this is news to me. sorry to hear about your car nefcanuck
Well, I *may* have a little quirk related to the TPMS system, I'm bringing the car to the dealer tommorow to have them check, but the car, though not throwing a code saying that the tire pressure monitoring system is faulty, isn't doing what it used to do when I did a systems check (Prior to the accident I was getting "Tire Pressure OK" when I did a systems check, now I get nada, this is after they had to replace the right front wheel with a "reclaimed" part)

Funny thing is tha my owners manual says that the behaviour I had before the accident shouldn't have been happening :blink:

NefCanuck
Maybe the "reclaimed" part didn't have the sensor on it, so they disabled the system at the PCM level... :iono: Either way, it should be working. They either need to install a TPMS sensor on that wheel, or turn it back on.
Hey check your fuses to see if the TPMS system has one in it. Also if you don't get it figured out by next monday I'll borrow a TMPS reader/programer and check the sensors for ya.
you guys are brave if your expecting to go to a massive meet in mid to late november.
NefCanuck,Nov 9 2008, 05:30 PM Wrote:Well, I *may* have a little quirk related to the TPMS system, I'm bringing the car to the dealer tommorow to have them check, but the car, though not throwing a code saying that the tire pressure monitoring system is faulty, isn't doing what it used to do when I did a systems check (Prior to the accident I was getting "Tire Pressure OK" when I did a systems check, now I get nada, this is after they had to replace the right front wheel with a "reclaimed" part)

Funny thing is tha my owners manual says that the behaviour I had before the accident shouldn't have been happening :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276174[/snapback][/right]

Chances are the sensor isn't on the wheel, or the folks at the dealership didn't have the foresight to reprogram the car for the new TPMS sensor on that one wheel (or didn't return wheels they removed to their original spots)-- because TPMS faults don't register immediately -- it wouldn't have showed up when they test drove the car.

My stang takes a few KM of driving before a TPMS fault triggers when the sensors are missing, or unprogrammed.
All the new vehicals are/should be self teaching now. Like he just said a couple of km and a warning or a ok sign should have come up. The only thing I can think is that they got an oldder sensor and the battery is dead/low or it wasn't a self teaching one.
darkpuppet,Nov 10 2008, 11:52 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 9 2008, 05:30 PM Wrote:Well, I *may* have a little quirk related to the TPMS system, I'm bringing the car to the dealer tommorow to have them check, but the car, though not throwing a code saying that the tire pressure monitoring system is faulty, isn't doing what it used to do when I did a systems check (Prior to the accident I was getting "Tire Pressure OK" when I did a systems check, now I get nada, this is after they had to replace the right front wheel with a "reclaimed" part)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276174[/snapback][/right]

Chances are the sensor isn't on the wheel, or the folks at the dealership didn't have the foresight to reprogram the car for the new TPMS sensor on that one wheel (or didn't return wheels they removed to their original spots)-- because TPMS faults don't register immediately -- it wouldn't have showed up when they test drove the car.

My stang takes a few KM of driving before a TPMS fault triggers when the sensors are missing, or unprogrammed.
[right][snapback]276195[/snapback][/right]

Well, I've been driving on the wheel for nearly 2,000km since picking the car up and so far have seen nada for warnings (message centre or the tire icon on the dashboard) so aside from seeing if they yanked the fuse (which in theory would have triggered its own fault) I'm lost.

Drove it by Dixie, they said only way to tell for sure would be to yank the tire off, $120 if no fault found, went by Atlantic, they didn't even know what kind of system the Fusion *HAD* NVM if they put a sensor on the reclaimed wheel (They kept insisting that the Ford system was attached to the valve stem <_< )

At this rate I think I'll just wait until the snow tires I ordered came in (Turns out the guy who called me had mistaken my order for another one) let the shop do the swap and have them call me if anything is amiss :unsure:

NefCanuck
I'd say the fault rests with the body house. It's in your best interest to call the insurance company and detail the issue and how you're NOT paying out of pocket to fix something that worked before the accident.

That's what I'd do at least.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2008, 03:16 PM Wrote:I'd say the fault rests with the body house. It's in your best interest to call the insurance company and detail the issue and how you're NOT paying out of pocket to fix something that worked before the accident.

That's what I'd do at least.
[right][snapback]276205[/snapback][/right]

Im with this guy, make sure the insirance company is aware of this so it doesnt bite you in the ass later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6