FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Shoes On The Foci + More!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was driving with my azenis on everyday, and I needed to save them for the few track days left in the summer. Lucky, I was given Ford Contour wheels, 6.5" and 47,5mm offset to ride around town. [thumb] [headbang]

1. I cleaned the wheels with Simple Green Max.
[Image: dsc05006bp6.jpg]

2. What I bought!
[Image: dsc05009bn9.jpg]

[Image: dsc05010yp2.jpg]

[Image: dsc05011jd9.jpg]

3. Ready to paint!

[Image: dsc05017nr5.jpg]

4. drying time...
[Image: dsc05024rr1.jpg]

5. Installed the new shoes today
[Image: dsc05033lg3.jpg]

[Image: dsc05045pu9.jpg]

[Image: dsc05048ip4.jpg]

6. My new shift knob!
[Image: dsc05050jr4.jpg]

[Image: dsc05058mf0.jpg]
what shift knob is that?
Your wheels turned out nice man! Good job.
mo_focus,Sep 7 2008, 02:58 PM Wrote:what shift knob is that?
[right][snapback]271791[/snapback][/right]

ebay! It's a cheap one, but is heavier than OEM, gives better throw when I shift. I used it on the track and it when fine. But you pay for what you get, it's 8 $ but I don't think it will last 10 years, probably just a few. :D
lgSPI,Sep 7 2008, 04:10 PM Wrote:

ebay! It's a cheap one, but is heavier than OEM, gives better throw when I shift. I used it on the track and it when fine. But you pay for what you get, it's 8 $ but I don't think it will last 10 years, probably just a few. :D
[right][snapback]271795[/snapback][/right]

i think its fake Honda S2000 shift knob.....but i love......wow i want one now!

does it just screw on like a stock one does or its got it little screws to hold on the shaft?
NikiterZTS,Sep 7 2008, 05:18 PM Wrote:

does it just screw on like a stock one does or its got it little screws to hold on the shaft?
[right][snapback]271797[/snapback][/right]

My friend has a Civic Type-R and OEM the shift knob is like the one I have but grey.

nope little screws to hold on, that's why I said it wouldn't last 10 years! ;)
lgSPI,Sep 7 2008, 06:15 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Sep 7 2008, 05:18 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]271797[/snapback][/right]

My friend has a Civic Type-R and OEM the shift knob is like the one I have but grey.

nope little screws to hold on, that's why I said it wouldn't last 10 years! ;)
[right][snapback]271798[/snapback][/right]

yes i believe type r's have those as well
Nice setup - good job!
Yes very nice, Same paint I used on my calipers, thought they faded after awhile from the heat. Quick fix keep wax of tire shine on them at least once a week to keep them like fresh paint. I sugest next clean off the side moldings.
Scorcher000,Sep 7 2008, 09:28 PM Wrote:I sugest next clean off the side moldings.
[right][snapback]271810[/snapback][/right]

the black side moldings in the middle of the doors??
I like the job on the wheels but the red numerals on the shift knob don't match with your car IMO...

NefCanuck
Looks great man, nice work. Did you paint the center caps aswell? The knob looks good aswell. Will the boot reach top of the shifter?
lgSPI,Sep 7 2008, 09:31 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Sep 7 2008, 09:28 PM Wrote:I sugest next clean off the side moldings.
[right][snapback]271810[/snapback][/right]

the black side moldings in the middle of the doors??
[right][snapback]271811[/snapback][/right]

Ya sry I meant the door moldings.
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 7 2008, 10:08 PM Wrote:Looks great man, nice work.  Did you paint the center caps aswell?  The knob looks good aswell.  Will the boot reach top of the shifter?
[right][snapback]271814[/snapback][/right]

Nope, the boot dosen't reach the shifter.
with universal shifters the boot will never look right unless you cut the shifter and reweld it a lilttle shorter as for the rims they have potential but they look a lil akward without the caps
ZX3_2NV,Sep 8 2008, 08:43 AM Wrote:with universal shifters the boot will never look right unless you cut the shifter and reweld it a lilttle shorter as for the rims they have potential but they look a lil akward without the caps
[right][snapback]271830[/snapback][/right]

I know that it looks a little akward without center caps, but the center caps are horrible. This is what it looked like on the Ford Contour at 1st.

[Image: rims.jpg]
looks better with them on. ;)
i say paint the caps id you want to get creative you can put a sticker covering the ford logo and change it to silver with a different logo and maybe paint the "screws" a different colour like crome or silver
ZX3_2NV,Sep 8 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:i say paint the caps id you want to get creative you can put a sticker covering the ford logo and change it to silver with a different logo and maybe paint the "screws" a different colour like crome or silver
[right][snapback]271836[/snapback][/right]
Or perhaps find a centre cap that will at least fit in the central hole ... then get some nice chrome nuts to finish it off
ZTWsquared,Sep 8 2008, 10:21 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Sep 8 2008, 11:00 AM Wrote:i say paint the caps id you want to get creative you can put a sticker covering the ford logo and change it to silver with a different logo and maybe paint the "screws" a different colour like crome or silver
[right][snapback]271836[/snapback][/right]
Or perhaps find a centre cap that will at least fit in the central hole ... then get some nice chrome nuts to finish it off
[right][snapback]271840[/snapback][/right]

I could, but I wanted this to be cheap (cost me 14$ so far :) ) and the rest dosent matter much. I would of taken more time if it been a 500$ project, but For now, all I want to do is go lapping with my azenis before winter gets back! hehe :D
Pages: 1 2