FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: V8 Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just picked it up last Saturday. Got sick of putting money into 4 bangers so I figure I would try a V8.

[Image: 2009G8GT.jpg]
Pontiac G8?
Nice choice Jay! I am really liking the G8!
I'm sure there will be tons of Vauxhall VXR parts that should fit, you'll just have to import them. Good choice on the car; most people don't realize how well they handle and how much power they have.
Canadian ST,Sep 6 2008, 08:23 AM Wrote:I'm sure there will be tons of Vauxhall VXR parts that should fit, you'll just have to import them. Good choice on the car; most people don't realize how well they handle and how much power they have.
[right][snapback]271746[/snapback][/right]

Thanks guys.

All ready looked into it :D Its all available to. I definatly found my next car to start modding.
Thats kinda like a 4 door GTO?!
drove one the other night

defintitely looking at getting one if i can figure out payments that can work.

awesome car!!!
from what I heard those r bad ass
that + http://www.cartuning.ca = more bad ass.
nothing beats a saloon with BIG balls

you will love it but don't mind all the ppl buggin about the fuel mileage it gets old after a while
There's "buggin about the fuel mileage" at 1.00/L for 87 octane and then there's "buggin about the fuel mileage" at 1.40+/L for 91 Octane.

I'd rather see him slap a turbo on a 3.8L or pioneer one for the new 3.6L DOHC V6 than start out with a 6.0L V8... you'll likely eclipse the stock V8 easily and still do nicely off the throttle.

Now, if gas miraculously goes back down... it's a different story.

Nice car, but it's completely in a different direction from where I would have gone personally.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 7 2008, 11:31 AM Wrote:There's "buggin about the fuel mileage" at 1.00/L for 87 octane and then there's "buggin about the fuel mileage" at 1.40+/L for 91 Octane.

I'd rather see him slap a turbo on a 3.8L or pioneer one for the new 3.6L DOHC V6 than start out with a 6.0L V8... you'll likely eclipse the stock V8 easily and still do nicely off the throttle.

Now, if gas miraculously goes back down... it's a different story.

Nice car, but it's completely in a different direction from where I would have gone personally.
[right][snapback]271783[/snapback][/right]

What about a blower for the 6.0 :D That my friend would be some huge power. I'm sure when people buy these cars they don't care what the fuel mileage is. mmmmm..S/C v8.
check the numbers adam, highway mileage between the V6 and the V8 are very close. Active displacement FTW!!
Love it!

Mileage doesn't matter anyway, I can get V8 worthy fuel consumption numbers out of either of my 4 bangers as in 250km on a 65l tank for the WRX if I keep it on the boost. Even the Focus gets as little as 275km out of a tank downtown during winter. Either car can do 600km/tank if driven gently but what fun is that? The Focus got 700 something once.

Too bad Ashly isn't here to confirm but when we blasted across Montana in the Sube, and I mean BLASTED as in 200+kph for HOURS, you could actually SEE the needle of the fuel gauge move just like my 1977 Plymouth Fury V8 used to do.
Thanks guys.

As for fuel milage I been getting 250 - 320km for 40$ if I drive nice that is. Now that I been driving it for a bit the engine is starting to get nice and worked in so been having some fun and that gas needle goes down fast after punching it a few times lol
It will likely yeild as good, or better fuel economy on the highway though...I know my Mustang got better fuel economy than my ZX3 did, and that was even if I did 20+ over the speed limit...

Nice choice, and enjoy embarassing all of the people with 3 and 5 series Bimmers, Acura TL's, Lex's, and the like. Just like the Caddy CTS, your car was developed/finalized at the Nurburing (yes, I know it's a Holden car originally), and also like the CTS, your car is capable of keeping pace with cars worth a lot more money.

Your car might be my next choice...if another family friendly vehicle is in my not-so-distant future...
2001 ZTS,Sep 7 2008, 04:45 PM Wrote:Love it!

Mileage doesn't matter anyway, I can get V8 worthy fuel consumption numbers out of either of my 4 bangers as in 250km on a 65l tank for the WRX if I keep it on the boost. Even the Focus gets as little as 275km out of a tank downtown during winter. Either car can do 600km/tank if driven gently but what fun is that? The Focus got 700 something once.

Too bad Ashly isn't here to confirm but when we blasted across Montana in the Sube, and I mean BLASTED as in 200+kph for HOURS, you could actually SEE the needle of the fuel gauge move just like my 1977 Plymouth Fury V8 used to do.
[right][snapback]271796[/snapback][/right]
Was that the only thing you two were watching "move"?
2001 ZTS,Sep 7 2008, 04:45 PM Wrote:Love it!

[right][snapback]271796[/snapback][/right]

Exactly right, for example, if I abuse the gas pedal in the Fusion, my gas mileage is crap, judicious use of the cruise control and sane driving on the highway and I'm pulling 9.5L/100 with the A/C on ;) (and that's a V6 with AWD)

Yeah I've seen the fuel needle take the backwards plunge, during the track weekend the needle scurried backwards like a crab trying to get out of a trap :ph34r:

NefCanuck
meford4u,Sep 7 2008, 09:08 PM Wrote:Was that the only thing you two were watching "move"?
[right][snapback]271805[/snapback][/right]

BEST MID LIFE CRISIS EVAH! :lol:

God bless her, those were crazy days even by my standards. We're great friends still and I am taking her out for her birthday (22nd!) next week. I know!!!!, can you believe its been 3 years already?

Back on topic, I guess my point is there are better things in this world than fussing over how many miles per gallon one gets and that all cars cost money one way or the other. People who complain are probably the same sort who buy water in bottles when you can get it out of a tap for free. Seriously, if you want stellar milage just shut up and buy a motorcycle; they're hella fun too.
2001 ZTS,Sep 8 2008, 03:59 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 7 2008, 09:08 PM Wrote:Was that the only thing you two were watching "move"?
[right][snapback]271805[/snapback][/right]

BEST MID LIFE CRISIS EVAH! :lol:

God bless her, those were crazy days even by my standards. We're great friends still and I am taking her out for her birthday (22nd!) next week. I know!!!!, can you believe its been 3 years already?

[right][snapback]271816[/snapback][/right]

[Image: pedobear-1.png]
Pages: 1 2