FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Jailbreak Their Itouch Yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to Jail Break my iTouch and I am looking for the best way to do it. Has anyone done this? What should I be aware of? What would be the best way to do it? I have limited experience with hacking s#!t. I am to the point where I hate apple and their Terms and Agreements. I want to download apps and now without paying for their most recent update nothing will go on to it. I have joined the iTouch Fans forum and I don't really understand their directions. I am also having my IT guy here at work look at them to see if he can give me guidance with the process.

Any input you guys can provide would be great!
Thanks in advance.
i will be doing this to my Iphone 3G

after i get it fixed lol........its kinda crashed on me
Gentlemen, I have a son who is a Tech dude for Apple. I'll see if is willing to assist you...............
oldeguy, your the best. He probably won't like the idea but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!
I am currently running Version 1.1.5 because you need to give Apple your credit card information for 2.0.2 and there is no way I am doing that. Also I am running XP, it looks as if pwnage is for Apple users. Correct?
I think there's a pwnage tool for windows out.
Also, I thought I saw a torrent for ipod touch 2.02.
Sorry, for Windows, use Quickpwn. It should work with all firmware versions.

http://gizmodo.com/5043658/quickpwn-tools-...windows-and-mac

paulicat,Sep 5 2008, 01:31 PM Wrote:I think there's a pwnage tool for windows out.
Also, I thought I saw a torrent for ipod touch 2.02.
[right][snapback]271722[/snapback][/right]

I have never used a torrent file before. I see music files in that format and I don't know what they are. I am kind of a newb when it comes to things like this.
Its really quite easy.
Think of a torrent file as like an "index" for the server of where to find files.
Look for a program called uTorrent to actually "open" the torrent file and try to track down the torrent file for the update.
It sounds all techy, but it's really not.
So I never got around to asking the IT guy at work so I am attempting this myself. Oldeguy is asking his son tonight for me if he can provide assistance. Hopefully I don't screw anything up. :rolleyes:
I'm not suprised that a few people out there are having issues with the iphones, I know 2 people that are on their 3rd and 4th iphone 3G already as they are loaded with issues. I heared that the hacked first gen ones are a bit better then the 3G ones..
Mines not an iPhone, its a Touch. Going to attempt the hack in about 1/2 an hour. I will let you know how it goes.
Ok, its asking me to find a restore.ipsw file on my computer. It can't find it, neiter can I. Where do I go from here. The program just restarts after that. What do I do now?
Got it all figured out now. It is now reloading my music and videos. But for some reason it isn't loading all my music. I am currently showing 2003 songs in iTunes and it is uploading only 1630. Not sure why? But it is now HACKED. WooHoo!!!!