FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Microsoft's Answer To The Apple Ads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Microsoft revealed it's new $300 million ad campaign to answer the Apple PC vs Mac ads.

And here's the result of all that money

Pass or Fail?

I call fail -- it's entertaining and all, but it doesn't really build on the brand at all..

Are they selling shoes or cakes? Is MS getting into the business of making Churros.. I wouldn't mind personally, because Churros are tasty.

Or maybe it's seinfeld's video application for a job as a shoe jockey...

I dunno.. is MS in such dire need of a tax writeoff?
i thought that was stupid
It's obviously a cleaver attempt.
Is the new computer a version 10?
Expandable?
Platinum?

Either way...
fail.

Just because they have Seinfeld in the spot makes me want a new Mac even more.
NikiterZTS,Sep 5 2008, 09:15 AM Wrote:i thought that was stupid
[right][snapback]271677[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for letting us know. :lol:
:rolleyes:
What the heck is a churro?
When I first started dating my g/f she would'nt go near my mac book....now her computer sits in the corner unpluged and is going into storage soon............shes getting a Mac Book Pro.

I hate Jerry Sienfield, they should have got Chris Rock.
ANTHONYD,Sep 5 2008, 09:24 AM Wrote:Just because they have Seinfeld in the spot makes me want a new Mac even more.
[right][snapback]271682[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for letting us know!!! Will read again!!

Im on a roooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll!!

:lol:
I believe this is just the first in a series. Chances are it will be an ongoing conversation, which will shed some light on why Microsoft is better than Apple, in their mind.

Ubuntu FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!11111one :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 5 2008, 09:28 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 5 2008, 09:24 AM Wrote:Just because they have Seinfeld in the spot makes me want a new Mac even more.
[right][snapback]271682[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for letting us know!!! Will read again!!

Im on a roooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll!!

:lol:
[right][snapback]271693[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol:
Saw this ad last night during the football game (yes I watched the NBC west coast feed, TSN can go do something anatomically impossible to themselves) and all I could think of was:

What?

What was the product they were trying to sell? (you only find out at the end of the ad)

What was the message about thee product? (I couldn't discern any message that the general public would get, NVM tech people)

What was the point of the ad? (Once again No comprende senor)

Total waste of effort, maybe later ads are better but this was pathetic...

NefCanuck
honestly when I saw this comercial I still don't get what is going on in it.
that ad made no sense at all, just showing that Bill Gates has enough money to hire Jerry Sienfeld for his ads
This commercial aired last night on ABC, i think.
My gf asked me to explain WTF that was all about.
I did not know where to start. I know we can get points when buying M$ software, but what do they give you down the road? Free upgrades maybe?
Size 10 kinda means M$ is a 10/10. I thought it might be someting to do with apple, but Jerry says "He's a ten", so out that theory goes.
Platinum referrence must be some kind a corporate contract available which goes hand in hand with the points.
One thing though... it's making everyone talk about it, LoL.

P.S. Look at this
Quote:A Conquistador (Spanish loanword: [kon.kis.t̪a'ð̞oɾ]) (English: Conqueror) is one of the Spanish soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who took part in the gradual conquest of large parts of the Americas and Pacific Asia, bringing them under Spanish colonial rule between the 15th and 19th centuries. The conquistador is also the quintessential "citizen-soldier", following the tradition of "Western" cultural and "civilized" legacy (Greece, Rome, etc.)
also they talk about "tight" maybe meaning the new OS wont be fat and slow like vista?
It's so lame I can't even bring myself to watch the ad(s).

The ambient lameness is enough to scare me away.
It was bizzare and all, but I didn't think it was the worst commercial I've ever seen...
My belief is that the ad is a setup for a long time friendship between jerry and bill by which they can build the brand based on social interactions.

I think they're going to try to build a story around the whole setup and create a rapport with the audience to sell the product.

Obviously, if you watch TV as infrequently as I do, this could be hard. Will have to follow this one on Youtube to make sure you don't miss anything.