FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Dilemma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Car in question. [Image: importfest2008summer013.jpg]

I know if I out it up for sale especially right now im not going to get half of what I think its worth so that right there is out of the question.

I will be parting with some parts depeding with what option I choose to go with

Option #1 RACE CAR save up some cash put in a lentech Automatic to handle the power. swap in a focus sport head with a custom intake manifold with a full standalone system and race it. With that set up it will be easily into the 11's

Option #2 DAILY DRIVER CAR convert back to pretty much stock and drive the car no turbo no body kit no sparco interior . Swap stock for built block (I think it would be hard to sell the block and prob not worth the labour.) Sell most parts excluding universal turbo compents and keep for another project 00-04 Mustang GT

Option #3 SUMMER CAR take off turbo compents stop drag racing put a cat and normal seatbelts back in and just cruise with the way the car sits and possibly put in a reliable and legal supercharger system.

Right now im leaning towards parting out most of the stuff I have on the car use the stock bumpers with a wings west kit paint the car and drive it all year round and leave drag racing till i have enough money to build a stang. I wonder how the car would run naturally aspirated with low compression pistions.

You could go with the option you're leaning towards at the end of your post and toss in a procharger for reliability/ease of maintenance but still maintain some fun factor.
I'd say if the cops bug you to much, just run less boost, put on a quiet exhaust and some stock svt seats and thats that. Assuming you want to drive it on the street. Your never going to get any where near what your turbo kit is worth better off just leave it on.

So far no cop has ever given me a hard time with my car.
I say leave the car as is, you put that much energy into the car it's not worth tearing it all appart to put it back to stock, as then it will have been a waste of your time and money.

If you have the Money to build a mustang my question is why bother... it's like taking a Civic or Accord and building them up, there is no point as everyone has already done that.... do something different.

If anything sell the car on strickly focus boards if your that tired of the car as then it will be intact, because if you sell it on the open market you'll never get anything for it, as most people are very cautious about buying a car that modded without knowing anything about it.

I can tell you the last Heavily modified Focus that came thru my work last year sold just over $20,000. and it was one of the Sony Exploded Focus' with just over 1000 kms on the odo.
wow dude...no way......i have to say "Leave it"......id hate to see that car to go to waste.....think about all the money that it sank already

Sell me the car. Three packs of Juicy Fruit.

That's one more pack than I offered Flo. :lol:
meford4u,Sep 3 2008, 09:17 PM Wrote:Sell me the car.  Three packs of Juicy Fruit.

That's one more pack than I offered Flo. :lol:
[right][snapback]271560[/snapback][/right]

Geez yer cheap :D

I'd hate to see what you'll offer me for my car when I'm done :P

NefCanuck
Honestly, I'd leave it as it stands and boot around with it on the street. Why take all that time and hard work you've put into it and turn it back into a stock focus? Theres NOTHING unique about a stock focus, but yours is unique because of what you've done with it. Why destroy a unique car?
IF you want more power drop the 4 and slap the Ford V8 bolt in kit then toy with that thing lol. Just a thought.
youve got more in your project than I do, so dont sell as is, you will lose so much money, its not even funny.

I say part it out! Go back to stock.

Let me know if you need an engine, I've got a spare.
R A C E C A R

How many people can say they have an 11 second Focus?
If it was me, I'd re-tune it down to a daily driver, so it's more driveable, but, leave as much of the "good stuff" on it.
SVT ZX3,Sep 4 2008, 07:50 AM Wrote:R A C E C A R

How many people can say they have an 11 second Focus?
[right][snapback]271586[/snapback][/right]

not too many....but there are alot of 10 second Civics that are Street Legal
who cares? Much respect for the guy that can put a civic in tens, but he just joined a club with 1000's already in it. :rolleyes:
Okay, did I miss something?
Why are you thinking about these options?!?
What is your main reason to want to do all this?
Do you need a second car if your building a stang?
I'm just trying to understand your line of thought.
Flofocus,Sep 4 2008, 10:42 AM Wrote:who cares?  Much respect for the guy that can put a civic in tens, but he just joined a club with 1000's already in it.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]271618[/snapback][/right]

i know......
but i like to drive my car everyday not to cary it around on the trailer
but thats just me
build a race car.
It's the only option that will bring you any sort of fun.
Gravter,Sep 4 2008, 08:45 AM Wrote:Okay, did I miss something?
[right][snapback]271630[/snapback][/right]

Because I blew my 3rd gear and i just finished wasting $800 on a bully stage 2 clutch and i don't want to keep blowing stock trannys so thats where the racecar come in with full auto race tranny and as for the daily driver option would be i get rid of my jeep cause its getting a bit pricey with payment + gas then maybe trade in the focus if we ever get an RS and well the summer car might be cost the least but then again I won't be able to enjoy it on the streets and no drag racing cause ill just blow the tranny again.
ZX3_2NV,Sep 5 2008, 09:09 AM Wrote:
Gravter,Sep 4 2008, 08:45 AM Wrote:Okay, did I miss something?
[right][snapback]271630[/snapback][/right]

Because I blew my 3rd gear and i just finished wasting $800 on a bully stage 2 clutch and i don't want to keep blowing stock trannys so thats where the racecar come in with full auto race tranny and as for the daily driver option would be i get rid of my jeep cause its getting a bit pricey with payment + gas then maybe trade in the focus if we ever get an RS and well the summer car might be cost the least but then again I won't be able to enjoy it on the streets and no drag racing cause ill just blow the tranny again.
[right][snapback]271675[/snapback][/right]

the one thing I don't think you factored in to this thought is do you know how much your going to loose on the Jeep if you dump it right now?

I can tell you anything domestic at my work is going for dirt cheap, more so if it's a truck or SUV, and thats a lease return or dealer car. because most people don't want anything that looks or is a gas guzzler, and in a lot of cases they sit for a long time.
Pages: 1 2