FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Why Now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor tomorrow to announce a Financial aid package to Ford to re-open the Essex engine plant. Forgive me for being cynical, but I smell an election coming. Why couldn't he have done this before the plant closed?
Its election time. What do you expect?
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 3 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:Its election time.  What do you expect?
[right][snapback]271532[/snapback][/right]
So, if we don't vote for Mr. Harper, all our Ford friends will be mad at us?
It's politics...........and we put up with it.
oldeguy,Sep 3 2008, 02:04 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 3 2008, 01:08 PM Wrote:Its election time.  What do you expect?
[right][snapback]271532[/snapback][/right]
So, if we don't vote for Mr. Harper, all our Ford friends will be mad at us?
[right][snapback]271537[/snapback][/right]

:hi: to the world of politics!
oldeguy,Sep 3 2008, 12:37 PM Wrote:Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor tomorrow to announce a Financial aid package to Ford to re-open the Essex engine plant. Forgive me for being cynical, but I smell an election coming. Why couldn't he have done this before the plant closed?
[right][snapback]271528[/snapback][/right]

I'm not a huge fan of the Liberals (used to be, but now I'm almost apathetic to politics)... but f*** Harper! Or is that BUTTf*** Harper!! :angry:

I seriously hope that NO ONE that works at that plant votes for him on what has to be the most paper-thin ploy I've heard of yet. That's just disgusting and disgraceful.

I hope those guys get their jobs back AND thumb their noses at Harper. What a jackass.

Hey Steveo! When's the new Diefenbaker icebreaker going to be ready? 10 years? That's great, I'm sure we can claw back a little bit of our soverign territory by then.

What about some cold-weather troops, gear and vehicles in the meantime (instead of one measly exercise and then drastically reduced numbers) if you're so concerned? Oh yeah, you're only SO concerned till you're re-elected and then it's a waiting game as Russia and the rest swoop in and claim our territory up there. Great idea. :rolleyes: