FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Time To Start Thinking About Winter Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to start shopping around for winter tires, as to not wait till the rush hits and everything has to be ordered. What do you guys use for winter tires? I live in the Sudbury area so we get lots of snow. What tires can I fit on my stock 2005 Focus ST rims? They had 205/16/50's on there before but is it possible to put on a tire that's say a 55 or 60? I'd like the extra cushion in the winter and I have summer rims now so I don't care if these rims go through winters.

Also tell me where you bought your tires and what you paid. I heard Costco has the best prices?
You can go to a 55 series no higher. When you do go to a 55 series your spedo is going to read 60Km when really your going 62- 65Km. Most time you'll find a cheaper tire in the 55 series.
Raypro,Sep 1 2008, 06:00 PM Wrote:I want to start shopping around for winter tires, as to not wait till the rush hits and everything has to be ordered. What do you guys use for winter tires? I live in the Sudbury area so we get lots of snow. What tires can I fit on my stock 2005 Focus ST rims? They had 205/16/50's on there before but is it possible to put on a tire that's say a 55 or 60? I'd like the extra cushion in the winter and I have summer rims now so I don't care if these rims go through winters.

Also tell me where you bought your tires and what you paid. I heard Costco has the best prices?
[right][snapback]271373[/snapback][/right]

For the price of 205/50/16 snow tires you can get a new set of 15 steels rims and tires. I bought mine last year at Walmart for $45 a rim and $75 a tire (185/70/15) But If you have summer rims and don't use your stock rims its your call.
I went the Wal-Mart route about 3 years ago. But I have the advantage of running a 14" rim on my Focus. I should be due for some new rubber at some point. Now with being lowered I am not to sure how she is going to "plow" through the white stuff.
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 1 2008, 08:14 PM Wrote:I went the Wal-Mart route about 3 years ago.  But I have the advantage of running a 14" rim on my Focus.  I should be due for some new rubber at some point.  Now with being lowered I am not to sure how she is going to "plow" through the white stuff.
[right][snapback]271391[/snapback][/right]

My St had the front GFX plow kit on it, I always had to clean the built up snow out of it.

Let me know if your getting tires from walmart again, I will get you a discount on them.
Canadian ST,Sep 1 2008, 08:50 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 1 2008, 08:14 PM Wrote:I went the Wal-Mart route about 3 years ago.  But I have the advantage of running a 14" rim on my Focus.  I should be due for some new rubber at some point.  Now with being lowered I am not to sure how she is going to "plow" through the white stuff.
[right][snapback]271391[/snapback][/right]

My St had the front GFX plow kit on it, I always had to clean the built up snow out of it.

Let me know if your getting tires from walmart again, I will get you a discount on them.
[right][snapback]271394[/snapback][/right]

I need some winter tires too....what's the discount on tires for the focus like? 10-15% off?
When you take off a set of winters for the summer don't they end up getting brutalized by heat in the summer sitting in storage so when you put them on next season they don't perform, meaning you really need to get a set of new fresh winters before every snow season?