FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Petition To End Beer Store Monopoly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I, as many, are tired of the Beer Stores monopoly on beer sales. Why do we still have to put up with high prices and poor service?

The Beer Stores are now owned by foreign corporations who make a huge profit: Belgium's InBev, Coors in the U.S. and Japan's Sapporo.

"Every other jurisdiction has moved past our quaint notion of beer retailing to offer comsumers more choice. It is time for Ontario to join the 21st century"
- Ted Chudleigh, Conservative MPP for Halton.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nobee...index.html
Just stop buying beer :)
hardk0re,Aug 29 2008, 12:14 PM Wrote:Just stop buying beer :)
[right][snapback]271279[/snapback][/right]

or just quite drinking at all

thats what i did :)
hardk0re,Aug 29 2008, 01:14 PM Wrote:Just stop buying beer :)
[right][snapback]271279[/snapback][/right]

Yarrr! Leave the landlover's hops and barley and join the Captain's boat!

[Image: CaptainMorgan2.jpg]
personally I like how it's all set up here in ontario, after being in a few other provinces and buying some booze there, I like the set up and selection that we have available to us. and I heard they were talking about selling it but it never went thru at the moment.
Frost__2001,Aug 30 2008, 10:58 AM Wrote:and I heard they were talking about selling it but it never went thru at the moment.

Who was thinking about selling what? :unsure:
just make ALL your own booze its way cheaper. make a still and you can have vodka, whiskey, brandy.......
faster_than_u,Aug 30 2008, 02:24 PM Wrote:just make ALL your own booze its way cheaper. make a still and you can have vodka, whiskey, brandy.......
[right][snapback]271314[/snapback][/right]

...and take the chance of blinding yourself if you mess up the mixing and drink the results :D

NefCanuck
Im not paying to support the petition sorry but I tryed.
ZX3_2NV,Sep 2 2008, 11:12 AM Wrote:Im not paying to support the petition sorry but I tryed.
[right][snapback]271435[/snapback][/right]

Im with ya...

I just want them to sell later than 9pm in my town and sell in the depaneur like quebec does. :ph34r:
I just checked my email and look slike i actually did add my name to the list it gave me a confirmation email even i closed the window when it asked for my credit card information
Ya, it asks something about helping support the petition site or something. I don't know anyone that gave any money to it.
We need the beer stores.

Without them the gutters and streets would be filled with bottles.

The beer store has a 98% return rate on empties.
ANTHONYD,Sep 4 2008, 12:22 PM Wrote:We need the beer stores.

Without them the gutters and streets would be filled with bottles.

The beer store has a 98% return rate on empties.
[right][snapback]271635[/snapback][/right]

Have you ever been out of Ontario? BC and Quebec have great bottle return programs.

In California you go to the recycling station and get money for any bottle or other recyclable product you have. Street people would keep the areas clean picking up everything and handing it into the station........ a man in an Armani suit standing behind tramp in very old worn clothes handing in their garbage. Great.