FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hello From The Uk (kind Of)...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
I'm an English guy who recently moved to Canada, June to be precise.
I'm currently residing in Saskatchewan but brought my 2001 ZX3 S2 in Calgary, AB.
I'm having a few problems with it at the moment but nothing too major thankfully.
I'll try and get some pics up.
Jamie
welcome

"How do you do?"
Haha.
"Awesome".
What kinda problems you having were a bunch of great guys that are willing to try to answer any questions
welcome,

you'll find this place is a good reasource for any info on or about the Focus.
Welcome!
Welcome to the site. As you have already noticed the Canadian spec Focus is a bit different than the UK spec. Mostly headlights/grill and tail lights/rear fog's. And mostly the LHD, but I am sure out of habbit you have climbed into the wrong side a couple times. LOL

Now back to your S2. Wanna sell me the front lip?
Actually Focus Man, it was you that informed me of this site.
I was looking at your car on Cardomain (sweet ride, by the way) when i saw a caption that mentioned FocusCanada.net so came here.
And yeah, nearly everytime i walk to my car i have to look to see which side the steering wheel is on. Everytime i get to a petrol station, i have to remember that it's not a RHD but the cap is on the right.
The worst was after i filled up in Alberta, i got back to my car, got in and closed the door before i realised i was sat in the passenger seat.
As for the problems, they're just cosmetic things:
A 12" crack in the Windscreen that i acquired in Ontario.
The fan/heater not working on settings 1,2 and 3 only 4 which coincidently is the only setting that the AC doesnt work on and is crazy loud too.
And the third, and worst problem is the passenger door which seems to have a bad locking motor, it makes a horrible noise on locking and unlocking and recently refuses to make any sound as it's not unlocking, not from the inside manually, the outside with the key, the remote or the unlock button on either door.
There not too bad, i dont think but i'm still getting her booked in soon to get her sorted out.