FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 07 Focus W/ Gfx Owner Reporting To Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey all,

got my focus for a yr now... pleased w/ the ride, not so pleased about the fuel econ...

looking for some cheap do it urself upgrades...

and some tips... hope to get some advice from everyone. thanks!
Hello and welcome to the site!
To get better gas mileage I would recommend shifting at around 3000rpm (not 6000rpm) ;)
As for upgrades, air intake and exhaust.
for fuel milege:
Synthetic oil changes,after every oil change put a bottle of injector cleaner in full tank of gas, change your fuel filter, depending on the year of your car you might need to change your spark plugs and wires, change your air filter(or replace it with K&N and just clean it after every oil change), make sure your tire pressure is good in your tires, as i heard on this site if your car is 5 speed you might need to change your tranny fluid but im still kinda "iffy" on that one
Welcome! :)

ZX4, ZX3, ZX5?
reldridge,Aug 27 2008, 12:35 PM Wrote:Welcome! :)

ZX4, ZX3, ZX5?
[right][snapback]271136[/snapback][/right]

Ahem ... ZTW, ZXW? Zetec /SPi /SVT? Year and km?
ZX5 SES black w/ GFX appearance package... pretty much the thing i m most pleased w/ on my car haha..

ZTWsquared,Aug 27 2008, 12:43 PM Wrote:
reldridge,Aug 27 2008, 12:35 PM Wrote:Welcome! :)

ZX4, ZX3, ZX5?
[right][snapback]271136[/snapback][/right]

Ahem ... ZTW, ZXW? Zetec /SPi /SVT? Year and km?
[right][snapback]271138[/snapback][/right]
Welcome, tho I think he was talking about the different weight of the vehicals for your fuel eco.
woot woot, black GFX solid!!! oh and welcome!!!
welcome

as for fuel economy, like nick said, synthetic all the way. from royal purple alone in my 07 i got another 20 km average on a tank. another thing is if you want economy, shift when the light tells you so, its there for that specific reason. and one other thing, get rid of that useless maintenance free stock air intake system and let it breath!! and have some fun with it along with way
Wanna trade for some stock bumpers? They're more fuel efficient... :)

Welcome.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 27 2008, 06:55 PM Wrote:Wanna trade for some stock bumpers? They're more fuel efficient... :)

Welcome.
[right][snapback]271161[/snapback][/right]

Its true, way less drag. I'm sure he will even help switch them too ;)
Hey guys... don't give a wrong idea to the guy about the community and it's members :)) He'll take off.

Hello and Welcome. Enjoy!!! :P
Welcome great Focus but i still don't understnd why pple choose to "quote" pple when its not allowed in this section
ZX3_2NV,Aug 28 2008, 02:04 PM Wrote:Welcome great Focus but i still don't understnd why pple choose to "quote" pple when its not allowed in this section
[right][snapback]271209[/snapback][/right]

Sh#t I didnt know that you couldn't quote in this section, thanks for the heads up.
lol :lol: