FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Member - Wagon Owner With Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am a new member from the Ottawa area, about to buy an 07 wagon, SE trim with winter package. It is sort of silver grey.

One of your existing members directed me here from a more general forum.

This will be my first Focus, it only has less than 8000 kms on it so I am looking forward to a long and hopefully carefree life.

There was a little hiccup in getting it as I was disappointed to see that the back seat bench is a single unit and is not split although the seat backs are split 60 - 40. So you can't have the floor flat on one side of the back seat and someone sitting on the other side. This will complicate things for us on trips to and from the cottage but have decided to go ahead anyway and buy the car. I will keep on the lookout for split seats from an auto recycler as I guess they were available as an option. Has anyone on this board done this or solved the problem some other way?

Does anyone on this board have a wagon with the split seat cushions? Maybe they were only with the SES trim?

I will also be on the lookout for roof bars. so I can use our roof box for our trips up to the cottage.

Then I have to figure out how to make a connection for the family iPods.

I am looking forward to being a member and getting help or advice from you guys and girls.

Norval

Sorry to burst your Bubble there Norval, but All generations of the Focus comes with the rear base bench seat with the 60/40 folding backs, in all trim levels & model years. It's the one of the many things ford did not improve on through all the facelifts of the American Focus.
Look for 2003-2004 ZX5's for the split rear seat bottoms, i know my Mom's old one had this option and it came in handy

edit: i also have a set of Wagon cross bars off my old wagon if you are interested
Norval,

Hey look...a new member - welcome.

I didn't know that the rear seat was not split.
Maybe ZTWsquared can chime in and help.

Enjoy the car and the site.

2009SEL
My 02 ZX5 had a split bench lower seat. and I believe that the swap has been done, well from a ZX5 SVT to a ZX4 sedan and as far as I know it will work. But don't hold me to it.
my 03 wagon has the 60/40 split upper and lower
Welcome to fc.net, All the lower rears should be swappable.