FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics Of My Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here she is.

in here stock glory :) :)

[Image: P1000023.jpg]
[Image: P1000026.jpg]
[Image: P1000022-1.jpg]

hopfully it will be lowered by summer. i don't really know what i wana do yet. im thinking kyb gr2 struts. and some springs.

i want to go approx 1in lower and id like to not sacrifice that much of the ride quality. also im getting wheel spacer for the rear hopefully soon :D

any suggestions on springs. and what kind of drop id see.

I have some used Apex 1.5 (yellow).

PM for a price
wewt looks good, red ftw.
stay away from kyb struts ive never heard anything good about them with lowering springs only good as a aftermarket oem replacement
Eibach. (end thread)
if you go with KYB get the AGX not the GR2's

GR2's are not for lowered cars, and the warrenty is void if you do
fatphocus,Feb 22 2010, 03:13 PM Wrote:stay away from kyb struts ive never heard anything good about them with lowering springs only good as a aftermarket oem replacement
[right][snapback]301889[/snapback][/right]
I had kyb agx and can only say good things about them. Now Jamie is rocking them.
Jmountney1,Feb 22 2010, 03:16 PM Wrote:here she is.

in here stock glory  :)  :)

[Image: P1000023.jpg]
[Image: P1000026.jpg]
[Image: P1000022-1.jpg]

hopfully it will be lowered by summer. i don't really know what i wana do yet. im thinking kyb gr2 struts. and some springs.

i want to go approx 1in lower and id like to not sacrifice that much of the ride quality. also im getting wheel spacer for the rear hopefully soon  :D

any suggestions on springs. and what kind of drop id see.
[right][snapback]301884[/snapback][/right]
Very nice , congrats on your new acquisition . Watch with the spacers , wheels may rub if you put more weight in the back . Driving on uneven roads , rear end might bounce and wheels will touch the fenders . Same thing happened to me with the winter wheels . They have slightly different offset and touched . Now I have lower , stiffer springs that don't allow so much bounce . They will be for sale in the spring when I'll install the new suspension They also drop the rear about 1". The pic shows the car with stock springs .
[Image: 675A0011.jpg]
How many km on the car , it seems to have the ContiSportContacts on ? SVTF came with these from factory.
p.s. OP start saving for a supercharger :)
Oscar The Grouch,Feb 22 2010, 03:14 PM Wrote:Eibach. (end thread)
[right][snapback]301890[/snapback][/right]

+1, BTW the SVT doesnt respond the same to drop springs as the regular focus. A listed 2.2 inch drop will only drop the SVT about 0.5 to 1 inch depending on spring design, material, etc.
sonic_mikey,Feb 22 2010, 06:00 PM Wrote:

+1, BTW the SVT doesnt respond the same to drop springs as the regular focus. A listed 2.2 inch drop will only drop the SVT about 0.5 to 1 inch depending on spring design, material, etc.
[right][snapback]301906[/snapback][/right]
SVTF comes a little lowered .My lowering springs were listed for a 1.5" drop for a regular Focus . Installed , front has almost no drop vs the SVT springs and the rear dropped almost 1" , which to be honest works just fine for me . But they lean and bounce alot less than original springs .
um if your referring to the tires. it has falcons and car had 115000 when i bought it

Gabriel,Feb 22 2010, 09:31 PM Wrote:How many km on the car , it seems to have the ContiSportContacts on ? SVTF came with these from factory.
[right][snapback]301902[/snapback][/right]
Gabriel,Feb 22 2010, 10:18 PM Wrote:
sonic_mikey,Feb 22 2010, 06:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]301906[/snapback][/right]
SVTF comes a little lowered .My lowering springs were listed for a 1.5" drop for a regular Focus . Installed , front has almost no drop vs the SVT springs and the rear dropped almost 1" , which to be honest works just fine for me . But they lean and bounce alot less than original springs .
[right][snapback]301908[/snapback][/right]

gabriel what do you have for springs/ struts? i would be content with just the rear getting lowered 1in
Jmountney1,Feb 22 2010, 06:23 PM Wrote:um if your referring to the tires. it has falcons and car had 115000 when i bought it

Gabriel,Feb 22 2010, 09:31 PM Wrote:How many km on the car , it seems to have the ContiSportContacts on ? SVTF came with these from factory.
[right][snapback]301902[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]301909[/snapback][/right]
I was mislead by the tire thread design . Anyway , nice car !
Bah..Springs, just do coilovers some nice KW or FK's and be done with it....raise her in the winter, slam her in the summer. Done. Just keep the threads lubricated and you'll be golden.

Coilovers were always my preference but I guess it all comes down to cost in the end and if you do want to balance the car for your driving style.

Edit: Nice Satelite Dish :P
man the dish in just for show. represent en the old school :P :P
i wouldn't put different springs here and there.....keep the car even with the same springs on the front and rear.
the car might just not react the same in handeling department
:unsure:

that is ofcourse if you choose function over form
Car is Sweet, Red is sexy, Dish is the same as we have mounted to the back wall of our house. Who wants it for scrap metal? Come take that huge beeatch down. LOL
i meant that i would be content in buying 4 springs installing them all and only the rear getting lowered.

kind of confusing
Pages: 1 2