FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2 Be Or Not 2 Be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i have a dilemma....i have a 2000 zx3 yellow( <_< ) with no options, rusting out, 1 working manual window, Canadian tire special radio, rips in seats, scratches....pretty much on its last legs 210,000km plus. i have a rebuilt motor, ready to swap in....now heres the problem i dont think i want to spend the time, effort and money to swap it into the lack luster zx3 . soooooo im thinking of picking up a 2000-04 wagon, with power options and a sun roof.

what do you guys think? should i buy a wagon or restore the zx3?

the zx3 is nice, i love the body lines and the hatch but its pretty finished.

however wagons with power options and low km and good bodies are going for pretty cheap on kijiji and what not.....hmmmm can the wagon look good? ive done some research and the wagon is 10inches longer and 100lbs heavier, hmmmm

(i have some pics of my rebuilt motor but i dont know how to post them. if some one could tell me it would be much appreciated) :lol:
Wagons are nice, good for hauling. I loved my wagon when I had it.

However if you want a ZX3....if look hard enough you'll find a clean zx3. It took me a few months to find one with a clean body, don't give up.
hardk0re,Apr 23 2010, 08:10 PM Wrote:Wagons are nice, good for hauling. I loved my wagon when I had it.

However if you want a ZX3....if look hard enough you'll find a clean zx3.  It took me a few months to find one with a clean body, don't give up.
[right][snapback]305792[/snapback][/right]

i had a sedan focus and it was $35 cheaper on insurance, 2 doors vs 4 doors, i wonder if there will be a difference between a wagon and a zx3? ive yet to see a nice wagon, im thinkin blacked out with gold rims? hmmmm lol
http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss97/Focus4-6/

i wish i had the money :angry: a V8 focus would be amazing!!!
Wagons are the cheapest to insure!

And done right will look pimp!!

p.s i have LED tails for a wagon in the 4sale section lol
SL8RZZX3,Apr 23 2010, 08:41 PM Wrote:Wagons are the cheapest to insure!

[right][snapback]305798[/snapback][/right]

hmmm maybe ill just have to get a wagon, the extra space would be nice,
at my work we use one as a parts car, we stuff everything in there!

maybe ill buy those lights off of you.....if i decide on the wagon,

anyone wanna buy a 2000 Yellow zx3??? :lol:
i love my wagon over the zx5 i had before
willcann,Apr 23 2010, 09:34 PM Wrote:i love my wagon over the zx5 i had before
[right][snapback]305802[/snapback][/right]

ya im not a fan of the zx5 i think it looks awkward with the 4 doors and hatch.

any mods to your wagon???
lowered 1.5 cat back custom painted hood, racing seats, cold air, SOON lol AR 16's rolling on 225-45-16s, custom audio and a basement of stuff to come
willcann,Apr 23 2010, 09:51 PM Wrote:http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=27102&hl=
[right][snapback]305807[/snapback][/right]

pretty stock exterior, nice hood though, you air brush?
would look sick with some rims. im thinking if i do buy a wagon, black, black tinted windows, multi-spoke 17's 2010 focus rims, maybe bronze or gold, maybe a svt front bumper.
The wagon wouldnt look bad with a 2 tone, white with a blacked out roof line would look sick! ive yet to see it. :D
buzz2.0,Apr 24 2010, 12:08 AM Wrote:http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ193952657

hmmmmmm :ph34r:  not bad at all....
[right][snapback]305810[/snapback][/right]

Jump on that car! Black 5spd are hard to find!! make sure to ask what happened to the alloy rims as they would have come with at least 15's stock
SL8RZZX3,Apr 23 2010, 10:41 PM Wrote:Wagons are the cheapest to insure!

I wouldn't say that, I was going to trade the wifes Sentra for a 02 Wagon and it was $200 every 6 months more than my SVT. In my area the insurance said the wagons seemed to have a higher accident rate. Check wit your specific isurance first. I thought the wagon would have been less too!
David
Well if you want to give away your focus for a couple of pennies I can use it for a winter beater.
buzz2.0,Apr 23 2010, 10:49 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Apr 23 2010, 08:41 PM Wrote:Wagons are the cheapest to insure!

hmmm maybe ill just have to get a wagon, the extra space would be nice,
at my work we use one as a parts car, we stuff everything in there!

maybe ill buy those lights off of you.....if i decide on the wagon,

anyone wanna buy a 2000 Yellow zx3??? :lol:
[right][snapback]305800[/snapback][/right]
Just remember it is now going to be virtually impossible to get an aftermarket suspension for a wagon.
My buddy has one that he never put on and is willing to part with
ZX3_2NV,Apr 29 2010, 05:27 PM Wrote:My buddy has one that he never put on and is willing to part with
[right][snapback]306117[/snapback][/right]
Tell me more lol
Even KW makes coilovers for the wagon now i believe

Wagon + suspension = sick

Air ride is best on wagons tho

edit: sorry H&R makes coilovers
If you get a wagon, ball it out with a custom sunroof in the trunk area.

Then you and your lady can see the Stars while being in the back.