FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recall: 2008 Honda Element
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honda recalls 241 2008 MY Elements
8-20-8
Source: leftlanenews

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced a recall involving Honda’s 2008 model year Element. Although the recall includes only 241 vehicles, Honda is advising all 2008 Element owners to stop driving their vehicles until they can be inspected by a Honda dealer.

The recall is due to a potentially faulty weld on the front bushing bracket of the left trailing arm of the rear suspension. If the weld fails, it could cause the release of the lower wheel hub, causing loss of control and the possibility of a crash.

The NHTSA failed to mention if any crashes have been linked to the defect.
Frost__2001,Aug 20 2008, 06:06 PM Wrote:Honda recalls 241 2008 MY Elements
8-20-8
Source: leftlanenews

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced a recall involving Honda’s 2008 model year Element. Although the recall includes only 241 vehicles, Honda is advising all 2008 Element owners to stop driving their vehicles until they can be inspected by a Honda dealer.

The recall is due to a potentially faulty weld on the front bushing bracket of the left trailing arm of the rear suspension. If the weld fails, it could cause the release of the lower wheel hub, causing loss of control and the possibility of a crash.

The NHTSA failed to mention if any crashes have been linked to the defect.

[right][snapback]270803[/snapback][/right]
Wow - that's a serious recall. I can't remember the last time I read one of these where they said don't drive the vehicle. I wonder if Honda is picking up the tab to have all these Elements towed to the dealership for inspection?
I can but I was in Florida on vac while it was done. Ford recalled all 2004 new gen models for the cruise control modual. After a long drive the unit would over heat causing the wires to melt, burn and ignite to flames. Many vehicals and homes where damaged because of this insident. They're solution to this problem was see the dealer rightway or cut, and I clearly remeber them saying this, Cut the wiring harness and place a fuse one every wire connected to the modual. LOL how f'd is that. I remember watching the new in Orlando and seeing a Explorer 2004 (brandnew) parked in a garage on fire with half the house burnt down already.
Serious recall, but small numbers. 241 vehicles. Luckily it's not larger... Hopefully nothing happens to those 241.
I'd flat out REFUSE to pay for a tow bill if the recall order calls for ALL owners to stop driving their vehicles.