FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Feeler...parting Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So...looks like selling a turbo focus is out of the question. Hate to do this since so much time was spent to get the car to where it is now, but I dont think I have much choice in terms of not losing ALL of my money put into this thing!

Thinking of parting it out, wanted to see the interest in the parts I have:

-Turbo kit ($2000) - I will include everything, tuning, injectors, MASS Air flow, DP, flex pipe and maybe even the borla exhaust.
-Suspension ($450)
-Lip kit with spoiler ($400)
-Hella lights ( $300 + stock)
-5 17" SVT EAP wheels ($500)
-Seats with brakets ($600)
-HVAC knobs ($50)
-B&M Shifter ($75)
-Transmission with Spec stage 3 6 puck clutch and a T2 LSD ($1000)
-Af/x UDP ($75)
-APC clear corners ($10)
-Ford Euro Grill ($50)

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing some parts...
Hey dude, sorry to hear its come to this.
I've got too much invested into the procharger now so I have to skip on the turbo system, else I'd be first in line.
However, the lip kit and spoiler, is that the whole kit, front/sides/bumper/spoiler?
Also, any chance you had a boost gauge/gauge pod??
If I had the pennies, I'd buy the whole car :(

That's my faith in your workmanship, Nate.

GL with the sale, man.
paulicat,Aug 20 2008, 01:44 PM Wrote:Hey dude, sorry to hear its come to this.
I've got too much invested into the procharger now so I have to skip on the turbo system, else I'd be first in line.
However, the lip kit and spoiler, is that the whole kit, front/sides/bumper/spoiler?
Also, any chance you had a boost gauge/gauge pod??
[right][snapback]270774[/snapback][/right]

I would sell the boost guauge and AF guage with my turbo setup.

I can make you a gauge pod out of fiberglass, pm me for details. I have an extra guauge surround so i could use that. Take a look at the pics in the For sale section to see what I mean. The guage would go where your coin holder is...I charge $100 per 'pod'. Hardkore and I make similar ones...I'm sure you can search for some of his pics, mine are pretty much the same thing.

Lip kit is everything, sides, front, rear, spoiler. Again, check the pics in the for sale section to see what it looks like.

I wouldnt be doing this until the end of fall though, so lots of time for people to still buy the car whole!!
Pm's on the way.
Just one question about the EAP's. What is the condition of the rubber if any?
Rubber is good for 1/2 or 1 season. Depends how much driving you do. the full size spare has a brand new tire on it. The deal is more for the rims than anything. $500 for 5 rims is a good deal, nevermind if they come with rubber or not.

The rims are mint. They've been through a few members now, gald they went through members that took care of them. :D

If the car does get parted out; the body kit, wheels and clear corners are already on hold. B)
Nate what version of Euro upper grille is it? 1998 or 2002+ facelift / ST style?

hmm if you held off on parting it out till the end of the year I'd totally buy the rims off you. my foci is paid off in november!
Frost__2001,Aug 20 2008, 05:33 PM Wrote:Nate what version of Euro upper grille is it? 1998 or 2002+ facelift / ST style?

hmm if you held off on parting it out till the end of the year I'd totally buy the rims off you. my foci is paid off in november!
[right][snapback]270799[/snapback][/right]

Not sure, but the pics are in the for sale section.

And no worries, the bmw is out of commision with rotten fuel lines so I need the focus till I get the BMW back up and running.
im interested in the EAP's... ill pm you when im more certain. but what rubber is currently on them?
Can you give more info about the seat? And how old is the clutch?
I'll speak up for Nate here...

****PLEASE NOTE****

Car is not being parted currently, and this is merely a feeler to guage interest for the future. Car will not be parted until the late fall at the earliest, if it doesn't sell first.

Better yet, if you really want something off of the car, just buy the car! :lol: Damn nice Focus, and you won't have to go to the trouble of installing stuff on your car! :D
Thanks Ryan. and you are 100% right :D

Tires have maybe 1/2 or 1 full season left on them. The deal is more for the 5 rims (You will have a full size spare) than the tires.

The transmission has less than 15 000 km on it. I WILL NOT part out the clutch from the tranny. You want the clutch? Buy the whole tranny.

The seats are from http://www.streetimports.com. The brackets they are sitting on are corbeau brackets specifically made for the focus. Big bucks $$, ask hardkore ;)
reldridge,Aug 22 2008, 11:04 AM Wrote:Better yet, if you really want something off of the car, just buy the car!
[right][snapback]270890[/snapback][/right]

Just need to quote this. :D ryan is right, you buy these parts, especially the trubo kit, you will have issues to sort out. This is a custom kit, and WILL NEED TO BE TUNED. Just buy the fawkin car guys! :P :lol:

2 people coming to look at it tonight, one is returning with his father....so hopefully this is a good sign. I know the kid had a grin ear to ear when he test drove it.

maan.....i wanna test drive it :)
Flofocus,Aug 22 2008, 11:43 AM Wrote:I know the kid had a grin ear to ear when he test drove it.
[right][snapback]270896[/snapback][/right]

Probably the same grin when I took out an XR4Ti for a test drive a few years ago... When that T3 spooled... WHhhoooooshhhhhhhhhhh! Made my 4-bbl 5.0 seem slow! :D
I know this is kinda off topic, but can you take a few pics of your car?
I have stumbled upon some EAP's like yours for 500 with 4 new tires and want to see what they look like on a silver car, like yours and mine ;)
Hi res pics are always better :P

Thanks Nate.

Pics are in the for sale section! or look at my sig!
If the guy that has the lip kit on hold backs down i will pick it up from you since ill be parting with my own Body Kit.