FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Motor Mounts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are bad motor mounts common on the Focus?!? I have a weird vibration, louder under load and i am assuming a motor mount has gone bad, but i haven't had a chance to check yet. Has anyone else had motor vibration problems?
How old is your car? Is it under warrenty, if so take it into the shop.
Yep...no warranty left on this bad boy...She's a 2000 with 240 ish kms on it!!! :blink:
Still stock mounts ???

Must change. From what i read, focciss do have motor mounts problem and especially with your mileage, I think it's the time.

Crappy Tire quoted me about 100$ for all three, but again that's aftermarket. Question, is the quality there ???
what a good excuse to get the VF engineering mounts :lol:
i just have 2 of my bolts snapped on me that hold engine block and passenger mount together....ithought my engine would drop right to the ground
NikiterZTS,Aug 19 2008, 06:36 AM Wrote:i just have 2 of my bolts snapped on me that hold engine block and passenger mount together....ithought my engine would drop right to the ground
[right][snapback]270682[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap, how many hold the engine in?
Canadian ST,Aug 19 2008, 07:59 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 19 2008, 06:36 AM Wrote:i just have 2 of my bolts snapped on me that hold engine block and passenger mount together....ithought my engine would drop right to the ground
[right][snapback]270682[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap, how many hold the engine in?
[right][snapback]270686[/snapback][/right]

Pretty sure its 3.
ya 3 engine mounts

but my thing is a torque monster hahaha
Last time I went on the 1/4 (last year) I would hear a loud "thump" when shifting hard. Should anybody that is dragracing get them changed?
Gravter,Aug 19 2008, 12:23 PM Wrote:Last time I went on the 1/4 (last year) I would hear a loud "thump" when shifting hard.  Should anybody that is dragracing get them changed?
[right][snapback]270714[/snapback][/right]

you should get CFM bone dog for your tranny
rear is a must for drag i have 2 custom mount rear is solid passneger is custom and driver side is steeda