FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svtf Transmission Fluid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the best fluid to put into SVTF 02? And where to get it in GTA?
2 oil change places been telling different things and I see that they have no actual idea. This car still surprise mechanics...
Thanks.
RP Synchromesh I hear is pretty good, I put it in my car smoothed it out nice.
I will check for you at work tomorrow.
According to my Castrol Lubrication Recommendation Guide it takes a Special Lubricant Fluid. But it dosen't say what the 6 Speed actually takes. It lists the MTX-75 and the IB5 manual transmisions. But as far as our guide says it a Ford only item. I am pretty sure that there are other manufacturers in the market that may have a fluid that meets the spec but here at Castrol we do not have one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I use whatever Ford recommended. Fawkin $$ s*** too. think it was $45 per/L. :ph34r:
Thank you gents for the help. I've heard that some guys in US were using some Royal Purple liquid but can not find the link yet.
Is it 1.5 liters?
andrewned,Aug 18 2008, 06:54 PM Wrote:Thank you gents for the help. I've heard that some guys in US were using some Royal Purple liquid but can not find the link yet.
Is it 1.5 liters?
[right][snapback]270647[/snapback][/right]
One of the members on here (yelo???) sells Royal Purple - maybe he has it ... and if you're not in a rush I can get the OE Ford stuff for a lot less than the dealers sell it.
I picked up RP Synchomax for about 12 bucks a bottle, the SVT trans takes 2.1 quarts of fluid.
RP Synchomax was my choice. Thanks to everyone