FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cruise To The Warplane Museum Is This Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
See last post for more info. 10AM departure from Dixie and Aimco

Well I have contacted the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and gotten a group rate of $8.00 per person. After the interest from Canadian ST's thread I think this would make a great Cruise and Photo Opp. The dates I have listed above are the only free weekends that I have available in the coming months and that is why I have chosen them.

What I was thinking is pick a starting point in the GTA and cruising along some scenic roads and meeting other members along the way if need be. Spend a few hours at the museum and the finding a good spot to have a Photo Opp. get some group shots and single shots of our rides. habmann can probably suggest a great spot for this as he lives 15 minutes from the Museum.

Scorcher is golfing on Sept 14th so if you want to be nice to him, don't select that day. :rolleyes: But let’s get this done. It would be a great opportunity for us to get out for a cruise and see some Canadian Heritage. I am personally thinking October would be better as we would have the Autumn Colours for a backdrop for our photo opp. Let’s hear what you have to say.

Let’s see if we can get this decided by the end of August so we can work out the final details and a route.
So far any of those dates are open for me...

NefCanuck
Great job Kev, and yes 14th is Tee off day. So hoping to win the 60" LCD. I picked the 13th but any date other than the 14th i'm good for.
Where would we meet up at. (Majority Of Us)
Im good for any of those dates, I'll book the time of work if need be.
Great guys! lets just wait a little longer for some more replies and then we can set a date. Glad to see that you guys are interested.

This is taking forever to load.... I am on a dial up connection at the cottage today. Can't wait to get home to the High Speed.
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 15 2008, 03:39 PM Wrote:Well I have contacted the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and gotten a group rate of $8.00 per person.  After the interest from Canadian ST's thread I think this would make a great Cruise and Photo Opp.  The dates I have listed above are the only free weekends that I have available in the coming months and that is why I have chosen them. 

What I was thinking is pick a starting point in the GTA and cruising along some scenic roads and meeting other members along the way if need be.  Spend a few hours at the museum and the finding a good spot to have a Photo Opp.  get some group shots and single shots of our rides.  habmann can probably suggest a great spot for this as he lives 15 minutes from the Museum.

Scorcher is golfing on Sept 14th so if you want to be nice to him, don't select that day.  :rolleyes:  But let’s get this done.  It would be a great opportunity for us to get out for a cruise and see some Canadian Heritage.  I am personally thinking October would be better as we would have the Autumn Colours for a backdrop for our photo opp.  Let’s hear what you have to say.

Let’s see if we can get this decided by the end of August so we can work out the final details and a route.
[right][snapback]270488[/snapback][/right]
Great idea and good work Kev (and Canadian ST) ... for me this sounds like a great opportunity to involve the whole family - both my kids love planes ... with enough time there's a great route along the Niagara Escarpment that includes some incredible roads - I voted for Oct 26th -- let me know if I can help with any of the planning etc. ... I guess it would be a bit much to turn it into a modest/informal rally??

Anything is possible Ken. Post up your ideas and lets discuss in this thread. I think this would be a great event for Family and Friends to attend. The more the merrier.

I to agree the the October date. I love driving back roads with the leaves in there autumn colours. We could also pack a portable BBQ and stop in one of the Niagara Parks for lunch. I think this event is really going to turn into something special.
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 16 2008, 01:05 PM Wrote:Anything is possible Ken.  Post up your ideas and lets discuss in this thread.  I think this would be a great event for Family and Friends to attend.  The more the merrier. 

I to agree the the October date.  I love driving back roads with the leaves in there autumn colours.  We could also pack a portable BBQ and stop in one of the Niagara Parks for lunch.  I think this event is really going to turn into something special.
[right][snapback]270530[/snapback][/right]

This is sounding better and better, like ZTW said the roads along the escarpment are fun andd there is a good view. BBQ sounds good as well, just remember to slow down around the corners with the propane ;)

Octber 26th sounds good to me.
Hay Kevin you hear anything else about the cruise to the airport??
I haven't really put much more thought into it. I am thinking I will put up a main thread in about a week. I am guessing everyone is still good with the October date. I have just been crazy busy the past couple weeks. I am also behind in the Massiv East post. Going to get it up now. Ooops :blink:
Is anyone else interested in this meet/rally? I was kind of hoping for a little more interest. So far it looks as if the majority of the people selected Oct 26th (3 of 4) so I am guessing with the lack of input from anyone else that is going to be the day that we go. I will see what we can do to set up a rally with the help of Ken and post up some more details when things get finalized.

Hopefully we can get some more people interested in this event.
Post it up, im sure a cruise and a walk through would be a hit.
I put the 25 but I'm good for either day
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 2 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:Is anyone else interested in this meet/rally?  I was kind of hoping for a little more interest.  So far it looks as if the majority of the people selected Oct 26th (3 of 4) so I am guessing with the lack of input from anyone else that is going to be the day that we go.  I will see what we can do to set up a rally with the help of Ken and post up some more details when things get finalized. 

[right][snapback]271437[/snapback][/right]

TTT ... let's get a list started of those who want to join us on Oct 26th ... when we get a sense of who's interested and their location, we can start looking at some of the details like itinerary, route (if we want to do a bit of a tour or rally on the way there) ... food and beverage questions (I wonder if we could have a tailgate party in their parking lot - or I guess that would be a tailgunner charlie party (no off-color jokes please) ...

1) ZTWsquared - Bovaird / Creditview, Brampton
2) Canadian ST- hwy#8/Green Rd, Stoney Creek
3) Scorcher000 - Brampton- Queen St. East/ Glenvale RD
4) Tippman - Mississauga Rd / Eglinton - Mississauga
5) Nefcanuck - Burnhamthorpe / Mavis - Mississauga (hopefully the Fusion will be healed by then)
ZTWsquared,Sep 8 2008, 01:01 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 2 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:Is anyone else interested in this meet/rally?  I was kind of hoping for a little more interest.  So far it looks as if the majority of the people selected Oct 26th (3 of 4) so I am guessing with the lack of input from anyone else that is going to be the day that we go.  I will see what we can do to set up a rally with the help of Ken and post up some more details when things get finalized. 

[right][snapback]271437[/snapback][/right]

TTT ... let's get a list started of those who want to join us on Oct 26th ... when we get a sense of who's interested and their location, we can start looking at some of the details like itinerary, route (if we want to do a bit of a tour or rally on the way there) ... food and beverage questions (I wonder if we could have a tailgate party in their parking lot - or I guess that would be a tailgunner charlie party (no off-color jokes please) ...

2)Canadian ST- hwy#8/Green Rd, Stoney Creek
3)
4)
[right][snapback]271851[/snapback][/right]

Im there for sure.
Count me in (Brampton- Queen St. East/ Glenvale RD.)
i would be up for it, (Mississauga, Eglington- Mississauga rd)
I'll see if I can bring along some friends.

SQ1

NefCanuck

2) Canadian ST- hwy#8/Green Rd, Stoney Creek
3) Scorcher000 - Brampton- Queen St. East/ Glenvale RD
4) Tippman - Mississauga Rd / Eglinton - Mississauga
5) Nefcanuck - Burnhamthorpe / Mavis - Mississauga (hopefully the Fusion will be healed by then)
6)
7)
8)
Hey I started this thread, shouldn't I be on the list? :lol:

McCowan & Lawerance, Scarlem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5