FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got An Xbox 360...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What Games do I NEED to get?

I like sports, and racing games. But I'm open to new stuff. GTA 4 is a must.

Any thoughts guys?
ANTHONYD,Aug 14 2008, 10:23 AM Wrote:What Games do I NEED to get?

I like sports, and racing games. But I'm open to new stuff. GTA 4 is a must.

Any thoughts guys?
[right][snapback]270396[/snapback][/right]

Its old now, but Forza 2 is a must for a racing fan.
And if you like arcade/fun racing any of the burnout games (I have Revenge and its a blast, literally).
X2 for Forza 2.

GHIII, GH Aerosmith and Rock Band are also worthwhile.

Call of Duty series also rocks, but I just can't play them without a keyboard/mouse combo. :P
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 14 2008, 10:56 AM Wrote:X2 for Forza 2.

GHIII, GH Aerosmith and Rock Band are also worthwhile.

Call of Duty series also rocks, but I just can't play them without a keyboard/mouse combo. :P
[right][snapback]270403[/snapback][/right]

I have the call of duty for the old xbox.
tricky game.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm not a skilled gamer, or if it's because I'm just not patient enough. My buddy tells me, sometimes you have to sit for several minutes before you can take a shot.

And Guitar hero is a good idea too... I wonder if the wife would like it?
Good party game I hear!
I don't have an xbox360 (have a PS3) but I do love "Burnout Paradise" which is found on both consoles.
Forza I enjoyed on my original xbox... and still do.
CoD4 is great if you like online FPS. Single campaign is realy short (5 - 10 hours) depending on your skills.
Have a look a what exclusives are available as these are usually the better ones because they were designed specificaly for that console which should get you the best graphics and gameplay.

Have fun
(p.s. - You should of got a ps3 :P ) lol
Some game to get
Geometry Wars Evolved
GTA 4
Gears of war
Forza
Call fo duty any one
Ghost recon2
Theres a bunch more great ones my screen name is Scorcher000 add me.
Grid and COD 4 are a must
FocusGuy7476,Aug 14 2008, 11:58 AM Wrote:Grid and COD 4 are a must
[right][snapback]270419[/snapback][/right]

X2

I think Grid is a great game, kinda like an updated version of Tocca racing. COD4 is great but very short, if you play online its worth it, Xbox is way better online then PS3.

For pure fun and a huge story get GT4, Its even better online if you get the head set. ;) Also Medal Of Honor Airborne was the best $30 game I ever bought, almost like a ww2 version of COD4.
Obviously Forza 2 is a big one, and you can find it used for rather cheap...

Grid is good, as is burnout revenge to round out the racing games you should check out.

From there, check out Geometry wars (2) from the Xbox marketplace... guitar hero III is good, but I like the song list of Rockband better. Tho more people may like GH III because of the older/classic rock songs in it (just check the song list on both packages).

Sports wise, Madden '09, and either NHL '08 or NHL 2k8 (can find used for cheap -- my friends seem to favour NHL 2k8)..

Then for the other big titles on xbox, check out Biohazard, Halo III, and Gears of War -- all of which can also be found in the used bins for relatively cheap.

and that will get you mostly caught up for when the big titles hit this winter.
btw.. "Braid" and "Penny-Arcade: On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness" are two more marketplace games that you may want to check out.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I've been poking around youtube and saw some cool stuff.
I'll be combing the used bins this weekend!
The wife loves to sit and play Guital Hero with me. We compete for high scores constantly. Its the only game she will play. I guess thats better for me. LOL
I understand that NHL 09 is due soon so you may want to wait on a hockey game to grab that.

Because AFAIK EA Sports stops providing support/updates for "last years game" some thirty days after the new version launches (It was in an EULA that I read, for NHL '07 at the time IIRC)

I dunno what the makers of 2K do as policy....

NefCanuck
what version of the 360 did you get.

if you go sports games, the 2K series of any game are 100x better than EA.
XBox 360 Pro - Bilingual (whatever that means)
if you like to use things as wepons and I do mean anything, dead rising is a fun game for the 360
Ah but GTA 4 gives you many, many unique ways to off your opponents....

My favorite is the "get suckers to join you in the car, hit the expressway, gun it, aim for one of the broken patches in the guardrail, jump out and listen to the cursing" :D

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Aug 14 2008, 05:21 PM Wrote:if you like to use things as wepons and I do mean anything, dead rising is a fun game for the 360
[right][snapback]270449[/snapback][/right]

Dude that game was so f'd up lol but a good one.
NefCanuck,Aug 14 2008, 07:54 PM Wrote:Ah but GTA 4 gives you many, many unique ways to off your opponents....

My favorite is the "get suckers to join you in the car, hit the expressway, gun it, aim for one of the broken patches in the guardrail, jump out and listen to the cursing" :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]270455[/snapback][/right]

Naa I like going to the helicopter but on the way there i stop and pick up some sniper and RPG and gernades then fly over where the majority is find a high building and f'm all lol. If i've killed you that way i'm terribly sry for that. But hahahahaha
I suck at chopper flying though (The six axis controller on the PS3 is a neat gimmick but can be a right royal PITA at times)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2