FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Guess It Was Going To Happen Sooner Or Later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MBRP seems to be no longer selling Focus exhausts.
If you were at the Meet on monday Kevin had mentioned it lol. But thanx for posting it. Never had one but everyone says they are the best.
I think they're going back to their core business for diesel / truck exhausts. No point in selling something that no one is buying anymore.

Tis a sad day.

I was hoping to get some sorta sponsorship from them for the race season. Well screw that...
I was talking to them a couple weeks ago and they said they could hook me up. Maybe they were feeding me a line????
i had niks old gen 1 mbrp on my zx3 it rocked

and when i do my svt i wanted to get mbrp as well :(
i have one on my wagon, love it so far
I got the impression last year that they were frankly done with anything that wasn't a guaranteed seller like a truck or Mustang exhaust when I approached them about fabbing up a setup for my Fusion and they basically told me "They didn't see a market for a Fusion exhaust"

I wish them well as a Canadian company but shortsightedness like this will only hurt them in the end.

NefCanuck
I also talked to them about three weeks ago. They had several still in stock and even told me if they sold by the time I was ready to order, they'd just make up another one for me.

That's too bad, I'd always much rather support a Canadian business.

-George
Scourge,Feb 21 2010, 11:21 AM Wrote:I also talked to them about three weeks ago.  They had several still in stock and even told me if they sold by the time I was ready to order, they'd just make up another one for me.

That's too bad,  I'd always much rather support a Canadian business.

-George
[right][snapback]301810[/snapback][/right]
Well that's encouraging ... I didn't speak to them directly, I based my post on the fact that they no longer listed them on their website. OTH, if they're prepared to make them to order, why not just keep them on the website?

Anyway - no reason to not take them at their word - the few times I dealt with them it was a good experience.
I'm not really surprised as the "TUNER" scene has really been dwindling, especially in Ontario
ZTWsquared,Feb 21 2010, 11:53 AM Wrote:
Scourge,Feb 21 2010, 11:21 AM Wrote:I also talked to them about three weeks ago.  They had several still in stock and even told me if they sold by the time I was ready to order, they'd just make up another one for me.

That's too bad,  I'd always much rather support a Canadian business.

-George
[right][snapback]301810[/snapback][/right]
Well that's encouraging ... I didn't speak to them directly, I based my post on the fact that they no longer listed them on their website. OTH, if they're prepared to make them to order, why not just keep them on the website?

Anyway - no reason to not take them at their word - the few times I dealt with them it was a good experience.
[right][snapback]301811[/snapback][/right]

Oh, don't be worried about that!! That was the reason I called them, apparently they're in the final stages of building a new website and the old one has been kind of butchered in the mean time. Just call and they can give you all the info you need!!

-George
SL8RZZX3,Feb 21 2010, 01:31 PM Wrote:I'm not really surprised as the "TUNER" scene has really been dwindling, especially in Ontario
[right][snapback]301813[/snapback][/right]

No doubt. But the economy has pretty much killed a lot of disposable income in people over the last couple of years. Which is why I'm trying to get as much of the focus aftermarket stuff as I can in the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the focus specialty shops close up in the next year or two.
many members including myself are offering to sell second hand mbrp's
paolo,Feb 21 2010, 09:09 PM Wrote:many members including myself are offering to sell second hand mbrp's
[right][snapback]301821[/snapback][/right]

how much. what condition. what it for.
Jmountney1,Feb 21 2010, 09:04 PM Wrote:
paolo,Feb 21 2010, 09:09 PM Wrote:many members including myself are offering to sell second hand mbrp's
[right][snapback]301821[/snapback][/right]

how much. what condition. what it for.
[right][snapback]301840[/snapback][/right]

Um Yeah, I am in the market.