FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lens On Altenza Tails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to take the clear lens of the lights so I can change the color, how do I take the lens off without breaking it?
blue_light,Aug 11 2008, 08:27 AM Wrote:I want to take the clear lens of the lights so I can change the color, how do I take the lens off without breaking it?
[right][snapback]270225[/snapback][/right]
You may want to check out how some people take the lens off headlights ... bake at 225 degrees F for 20 minutes to liquify the glue and then pry the lens off ... repeat as necessary.

BTW - that's the short version; I strongly recommend you search for more detailed instructions.

02ztsian

I used a paint stripper and a couple of screwdrivers to pry it open. More control of heat that way.
an oven is a good start but for better control, and more heat right where you need it I wouldd us a paint stripper as noted above. If you are looking for a complete How-to please see : http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/resealingtaillight/
or just do a google search, there are quite a few of them but all give the same info. Have a ball. Don't get too rammy and break it ......