FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Few Night Shots - Neat Light Trails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took these the other night while the weather was agreeable - around midnight Wednesday. Even so, in the star pic the light pollution from almost a block away is quite evident on the section of eavestroughing that made it into the picture.

I just thought they were neat and figured I'd share - enjoy!

[Image: th_DSC_0010.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0023.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0026.jpg]
Send the pic to your municipality. Your street light is out.
meford4u,Aug 9 2008, 12:24 AM Wrote:Send the pic to your municipality.  Your street light is out.
[right][snapback]270163[/snapback][/right]

haha...good eye....and i'm guessing new camera adam?
Good catch boys! I've called on that issue for a while, noone seems to care at the works yard or at city hall. I might call the local hydro guys next and see if that works.

Brian - nah, it's still my D50 (had it for two years now). I might upgrade next year, tho. I'm thinking of splurging on a D700 full-frame DSLR.

I've run into a neat snag, actually. For star-tracking photography I need something called an "equatorial mount" - for both my camera and my telescope, actually. I'm thinking of getting into astronomical photography shortly and for exposures over 30 seconds (which causes the slight elongation in the star shot) you need that kind of amount to avoid the effects of "star transit".

If anyone knows of a tripod that has that capacity, I'd appreciate a link. If I upgrade significantly as far as my telescope goes, I can get a mount like that stock. Thus, if I do my photography through a new telescope, I'll get some really stellar stuff. Yeah, that was a bad pun. :P

Thanks for checking 'em out, fellas. :)