FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buying A 2009 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, i`m planning on buying a car early next month and have narrowed my search down to the 2008 elantra GL and a 2009 focus sedan SE. Both have good ratings but i`m leaning towards the focus more now since i could get this car for $14000 tax included with only 24000kms and the 2008 elantra for also the same price and with 50000kms. Both have been given great reviews and i just want your input and opinions on the pros and cons of the focus before i make my final decision.

Thanks Guys
Hey welcome to the site!
My bet would be on the Focus(obviously) :D

I've had my 05 Focus since new and haven't had a single problem yet.

That and if you were planning on doing anything aftermarket, there are tons of great upgrades you can get for the Focus.
well if your planning on selling either car in the future, the focus will keep its value better then the elantra, as Hyundais are the 2nd on the list for worst kept values.
Elantra is uglier then Focus.
+++focus
NikiterZTS,Feb 20 2010, 01:17 PM Wrote:Elantra is uglier then Focus.
[right][snapback]301774[/snapback][/right]
The latest Elantra is not bad , I drove it in Europe . But I hated its manual transmission , notchy as hell and its poor handling . Interior , cluster , etc and front end , quite nice . But I would go for FOCUS of course :banger:
ya go the focus route, there is plenty of aftermarket if thats your interest, better value and nicer interior for the model.

plus if it has sync that s***s wiked lol
i have had a 05 and 03 loved them both
I believe we are biased towards the focus. I doubt you will find anybody here that will tell you to buy a Hyundai. Welcome to FC.net.
Drager...,

I feel the Focus is a better car.
But I could be prejudice - I have a 2009 SEL.
But, here's an idea.
Check for Elantra websites - see how they
(if there are any) talk and feel about their cars.
You'll see honesty at this website.
If they say it's good - it is; if they say..... etc. etc.
Good luck.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.

Well my decision is i`m going with with the 2009 Focus SE, i went today and checked it out on the car lot and it looks great not to say that it has great reviews. Gonna go check with the dealership this week on a price.He`s asking $12995 for it with only 24000kms so i`m gonna try and see if i can get $500 or so of the price. Thanks guys for all your inputs you all had great advice. Is there a place where i can buy a plastic bug deflector for the hood?

Thanks Again Fellas
dragerboat,Feb 21 2010, 11:02 PM Wrote:Is there a place where i can buy a plastic bug deflector for the hood?

Thanks Again Fellas
[right][snapback]301844[/snapback][/right]

Ford dealerships , autoparts stores , junk yards
Tell the dealership to throw in a bug deflector and youve got a deal.