FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Wifes New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice purchase! I would keep the skirts and leave them grey. There is a Focus wagon in my neighbourhood that has skirts and the one for the rear bumper. By the way, it needs a tint, a drop and an FC.net decal or two.
So what is that lip from. Year/Model. I want to try find one too.
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 7 2008, 10:59 AM Wrote:So what is that lip from.  Year/Model.  I want to try find one too.
[right][snapback]270054[/snapback][/right]

Might be stock S2 parts? :iono:
The sides are from any 2000-2001 ZX3. The front lip is S2 or Street Edition only I think. You can get the rear from a ZX3 for a ZX5.

I'm currently running the side skirts on my sedan, I'm going to paint the front lower bumper and rear bumper with a black matte rock-guard.
the lip and skirts are from a S2, the rear for zx3 or zx5 won't fit a wagon unfortunatly :(
Just found the part number for the front... 1S4Z-17626-AA

Rock Auto sells it for $34.79!!!!

I think I may be ordering one...
reldridge,Aug 7 2008, 02:27 PM Wrote:Just found the part number for the front... 1S4Z-17626-AA

[right][snapback]270064[/snapback][/right]
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but 3 things you need to know:

EDITED FOR COMPLETENESS

1. This is not an OEM Ford part - the original part costs a few hundred $ from the dealer. (without a pic I'd really want to know what I was buying)

2. Shipping to my postal code in Canada (taxes prepaid) is 138.35 (vs. less than 10.00 in the states) ... considering the taxes are only 5 bucks or so, that means shipping/brokerage is 130.00

3. Rockauto only prepays the GST, you still have to pay PST on the shipped amount: ie: 8% of 173 = 13.84 ... so your total is actually close to 190.

Not much cheaper than the Ford part now.

If you're going ahead with it anyway, PM me, I have a rockauto coupon certificate that will save you 5%.
Yeah I already have the skirts. I think I bought them off of Frost 3 years ago and they are yellow and still in storage. But the lip, that would suit the look of my car perfectly. If I were to get them all apinted to match, I think I would have the look I was planning on. Subtle add ons with the look of stock.

Where is this Rock Auto? And where can I get one of these lips? I have been looking on E-Bay and Kijji and no luck.
ZTWsquared,Aug 7 2008, 04:39 PM Wrote:
reldridge,Aug 7 2008, 02:27 PM Wrote:Just found the part number for the front... 1S4Z-17626-AA

[right][snapback]270064[/snapback][/right]
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but 3 things you need to know:

EDITED FOR COMPLETENESS

1. This is not an OEM Ford part - the original part costs a few hundred $ from the dealer. (without a pic I'd really want to know what I was buying)

2. Shipping to my postal code in Canada (taxes prepaid) is 138.35 (vs. less than 10.00 in the states) ... considering the taxes are only 5 bucks or so, that means shipping/brokerage is 130.00

3. Rockauto only prepays the GST, you still have to pay PST on the shipped amount: ie: 8% of 173 = 13.84 ... so your total is actually close to 190.

Not much cheaper than the Ford part now.

If you're going ahead with it anyway, PM me, I have a rockauto coupon certificate that will save you 5%.
[right][snapback]270070[/snapback][/right]

Actually, I live 15 minutes from a border crossing (Ogdensburg, NY), and I have an account at the UPS Store there. B) Not too worried about shipping/duty, and I have some friends that work at the border crossing. :P I can inspect, and if it's not right, back in the box it goes... I sources all of my new AC stuff (accumulator, all new lines & piping) from Rock Auto and saved over $500 compared to CDN dealer pricing (and that is my price at the dealer, about 15-20% off).

Still $88 shipping though... :(

Ryan :banger:
nice pick up. Paint the side/front skirts for sure!!

..and no to your PM. I like those knobs and keeping them if I keep the car. If I decide to part the car out this winter (very strong chance as their is 0 interest in a turbo focus), the knobs will be put on hold for you.
First thing I'd suggest is tinting all those windows. Looks great!
Pages: 1 2