FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Royal Purple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My oil change is coming up and i have heard some good and some bad about royal purple motor oil.
Anyone suggest using this kinda motor oil?
As well. I drive a 2005 zx4 ST and have just been using QS peak performance motor oil, good oil?
thanks
very good oil.....speaking from personal experience.....
I've used it in my car for a few years now. Its done good by me so far, it is a little expensive. I'll be switching to amsoil for all my cars in the future, it works out to a little cheaper in the end.
Syntec 5W20 and nothing but. BTW I work for Castrol. :rolleyes:
do you feel any diffference going btw different brands??
i have used royal purple, lubro moly, mobil, castrol..etc..

now i keep using castrol because they are sponsor of wrc..
i have rp in mcar right now, not really a fan. im going back to castrol syntec. go wrc
lol its funny how some people are so bias on this site........who th hell cares that some oil is a sponsor for WRC???
NikiterZTS,Aug 2 2008, 02:51 PM Wrote:lol its funny how some people are so bias on this site........who th hell cares that some oil is a sponsor for WRC???
[right][snapback]269776[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but he is a real fan. His car has all the WRC bits on it. Its just like most Torontonians like the Leafs, but what have they done for us lately?

Plus Castrol is a premium oil with testing to back it up. I can get you the technical data if you like. As I said earlier, I work for the company.
pfff, what is wrong with going for what wrc does..
cannot get any of m sport stuff here, screw ford usa, so at least i m putting castrol motor oil..

if i felt any different with certain brand, i would stick with it..but..

if you work for castrol , do you get any discount??
I was always using the Ford Motorcraft 100% Full Synthetic 5W20 in the Focus, and then in the Mustang...I'm likely going to switch to that in the Escape as well. I would use RP or Amsoil, but there isn't anyone that carries it in stock, in the weight I need around Petawawa/Pembroke. Maybe I can get it in Ottawa once I move there.

I noticed a small, but obvious difference between the regular oil and the synthetic...I got quicker throttle response, more power, and better fuel economy with the syn stuff. Only pitfall I've been told with Synthetic, that once your car has had it in it's engine, you can't switch back to conventional oil, as doing so will cause critical mechanical failures...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 3 2008, 09:27 AM Wrote:Only pitfall I've been told with Synthetic, that once your car has had it in it's engine, you can't switch back to conventional oil, as doing so will cause critical mechanical failures...
[right][snapback]269818[/snapback][/right]
Pretty sure that this is an urban myth in terms of newer cars - but probably like you I'll never find out for myself as I have no intention of using anything but synthetic.
Yeah, that is a myth. I have heard that rumor for years and there is nothing proven to back that up. The only thing you will notice by switching back is most likely reduced fuel economy as a synthetic oil has more lubricity in extreme tempatures, hot or cold and at start up.

I do get a discount but unfortunatly it is for personal use only. They keep track of what you buy and how much.
X3 on the myth

oil change shop fawked it up for me once......me running on synthetic for a year and they put regular oil into my car :blink: .......good thing nothing happened.....but then my next oil change was synthetic again