FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another One Bites The Dust... Now With Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well... on my way home from work today some woman from Quebec, in a 95 Beretta decided for some reason to not watch and then at the last moment hit the gas instead of the breaks.

so with that it ricochet in to a BMW and a parked Caravan which then sent the BMW into the back of a Kia SUV. so the Focus is now a write of i believe

so i guess im now on the look out for another car. if anyone knows of a good priced focus let me know.

[Image: DSC01585.jpg]

[Image: DSC01586.jpg]
tippmann,Jul 30 2008, 02:06 PM Wrote:well... on my way home from work today some woman from Quebec, in a 95 Beretta decided for some reason to not watch and then at the last moment hit the gas instead of the breaks.

so with that it ricochet in to a BMW and a parked Caravan which then sent the BMW into the back of a Kia SUV. so the Focus is now a write of i believe

so i guess im now on the look out for another car. if anyone knows of a good priced focus let me know.
[right][snapback]269629[/snapback][/right]

You didn't mention any injury so I assume you're okay which is the most important thing - that must have been one helluva scene - after hitting two or three other vehicles her car still had enough energy to total yours.

Good luck.
there's a decent sounding wagon in the FS section.
there's a wicked cool bad ass turbocharged focus in the for sale section too. A steal at $6500.
^^ Turbo focus..you know you want it! I know I do :)
Ouch, good thing to hear that you're okay but that sucks about your car :(

NefCanuck
yeah kinda a good thing you were not in the crash, but then again this just makes me things Quebec drivers need training before entering the rest of canada, because I am totally amaized how crazy they drive in that province.
Quebec drivers aren't used to the sane and poilite way us Ontario folk drive. She wanted the gas pedel, but hesitated and hit the brakes first. If she was home that would have been considered normal driving.

Glad to hear that you are ok. Check with the insurance company to see if you can retrieve you deck and other things that you installed in there if the do write it off.

This really hasn't been a good year for Foci.

You didn't mention any injury so I assume you're okay which is the most important thing - that must have been one helluva scene - after hitting two or three other vehicles her car still had enough energy to total yours.

Good luck.
[right][snapback]269633[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Glad to here your ok, But those thing are made of really metal. You ever try drilling threw the firewall of one of those to hook up a stereo.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 30 2008, 08:50 PM Wrote:Quebec drivers aren't used to the sane and poilite way us Ontario folk drive. She wanted the gas pedel, but hesitated and hit the brakes first. 
[right][snapback]269651[/snapback][/right]

I think you have that backwards... she was immitating Ontario driver since she was in Ontario. :P

Oh, tippman, get that turboed Focus in the FS thread... looks like a steal.
thanks guys, yeah i already took the deck, subs and amp. the only thing is the door speakers which i think i will probably lose..

still have to go today and pic up the accedent report, my plates and a few other things..

i am going to try and take some pics of it
What about that injen? Cant you take that and your wires and stuff?
im not to sure, im still fighting with insurance to keep it at a yard close to my house for now.. since one of my cousins friend owns the place, but insurance want to send it to place for free, which is somewhere in toronto.

if i can keep if close by i will just swap back in the stock intake, and hopefully wires
You should ask to keep the car, one guy I know just asked and the insurance let him keep it...I guess it depends on the insurance co.

Keep it and part it out :)
hardk0re,Jul 31 2008, 01:50 PM Wrote:You should ask to keep the car, one guy I know just asked and the insurance let him keep it...I guess it depends on the insurance co.

[right][snapback]269681[/snapback][/right]

would they make me pay to keep it tho??

and then the problem would be..where to store it right now it's $80 a day where it's at..thats why insurance wants it moved
tippmann,Jul 31 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jul 31 2008, 01:50 PM Wrote:You should ask to keep the car, one guy I know just asked and the insurance let him keep it...I guess it depends on the insurance co.

[right][snapback]269681[/snapback][/right]

would they make me pay to keep it tho??

and then the problem would be..where to store it right now it's $80 a day where it's at..thats why insurance wants it moved
[right][snapback]269682[/snapback][/right]

When I wrote off my RX7 years ago, I bought the car back from insurance for $50. The just took $50 off the check they gave me for the car.
store it at your house then when your done taking off stuff after say a weekend, call one of those scrap guys and they tow it away and leave you with $100 in your pocket.
tippmann,Jul 31 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:would they make me pay to keep it tho??
[right][snapback]269682[/snapback][/right]
The usual process IIRC is the insurance company auctions the vehicle off in one of the total-loss auctions (ie: Impact Auctions) ... so they might sell it to you if they think they could get more from you than at auction, or perhaps to save time and expense ... probably worth asking if you've got some place to keep it without incurring expense.
i am going to have to ask that...the only problem i think would be when they take they car it's going to curtis, just outside of oshawa.. so bringing back would be hard
can't buff any of that out?

lol.
Pages: 1 2