FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2009 Ka
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Ka.jpg]
Looks like a Smart car with a boob job, or a Focus with its nose punched in.
naaah.....looks like Yaris
def not for me, my girl will probably like it though

but the 09 fiesta doesn't look too bad
[Image: car_photo_236967_7.jpg]
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 29 2008, 06:38 PM Wrote:Looks like a Smart car with a boob job, or a Focus with its nose punched in.
[right][snapback]269588[/snapback][/right]

haha focus with its nose punched in...i like that!
castone,Jul 29 2008, 10:26 PM Wrote:def not for me, my girl will probably like it though

[right][snapback]269603[/snapback][/right]

oooh they both look pretty nice, esp. the fiesta...but i don't like the name fiesta.
I like the direction ford is going with smaller cars but they're a little late
castone,Jul 29 2008, 11:26 PM Wrote:def not for me, my girl will probably like it though

Ford Europe does a good job of turning the same car into completely different models ... one for chicks and one for guys ... the Ka pictured above is probably the chick car ... wait to see the Sport Ka before making up your mind.

Probably a repost here but does everyone remember these classic Ford UK ads for the Sport Ka ... Ford took viral marketing to a whole new level before most people had ever heard of viral.

LOL I remember those ads posted a while ago, good laugh!!!!
Those 2 were actually banned in a few countries.
ZTWsquared,Jul 30 2008, 09:36 AM Wrote:
castone,Jul 29 2008, 11:26 PM Wrote:def not for me, my girl will probably like it though

Ford Europe does a good job of turning the same car into completely different models ... one for chicks and one for guys ... the Ka pictured above is probably the chick car ... wait to see the Sport Ka before making up your mind.

Probably a repost here but does everyone remember these classic Ford UK ads for the Sport Ka ... Ford took viral marketing to a whole new level before most people had ever heard of viral.

[right][snapback]269621[/snapback][/right]

You can see the cats head fall inside the car! :lol:
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2008, 11:42 PM Wrote:naaah.....looks like Yaris
[right][snapback]269589[/snapback][/right]

Thats the first thing that came to mind for me ......... not my favourite looking car
yeah, but looks like our fan boys like anything that has Ford emblem on it........

seriously guys....this is an ugly car and i wouldn't be caught dead in it
The Fiesta looks ok, the Ka looks like a Paris Hilton dog for her collection.

Now, a properly imported and executed Fiesta ST with 150HP (or more) = sport compacts redefined for sure. Low weight, great suspension and transmission choices = more smiles per KM.
I don't mind the design but the car could be longer to make it look less like a clown car. I have a feeling if this car had the same wheel base as a focus instead of a smart car it would change it completely.

and yes my first thoughts where when did ford start making the yaris.
Actually the Ka is a joint production with Fiat, so the platform is the same as the all new Fiat 500, as well as their range topping 1.6L Engine also found in the Fiat 500. I highly doubt that if this car came here it would offer a Diesel option like they have in Europe.
go go power ranger~
[Image: standup.jpg]
castone,Jul 29 2008, 10:26 PM Wrote:def not for me, my girl will probably like it though

[right][snapback]269603[/snapback][/right]

Pure Compact SEX!!!!!!
I would never drive one (the guys at work would pick it up and hide it on me) It does look better then the smart car.
Canadian ST,Aug 7 2008, 09:57 PM Wrote:I would never drive one (the guys at work would pick it up and hide it on me) It does look better then the smart car.
[right][snapback]270091[/snapback][/right]

If there's a diesel option for the Fiesta, I might just go that road.

They could have diesel-powered monkeys driving the Ka and I'd never buy it. I might test drive it, tho :P

We just had an Exchange consultant in the office for a few days, he was driving the Smart ForTwo CDI. He gets something ridiculous like 600+ KMs on 22L of diesel. That's an average of 65-70MPG in other words (on the highway).

If you want to travel on the cheap (and travel lightly) - that's the way to do it.
hmm it's kinda funny how you guys are compairing the Smart Car and the Ka, the Ka is bigger then the Smart Fourtwo. the Ka seats 2 or 4 people depending on which version you get. the Sport Ka is the rag top version and seats only two, where as the 3 door hatch version pictured is about the size of a Mini, and can seat 4 people in there... not comfortable mind you, but they would fit in there.