FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Transit Rs Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 11233310439245598613730598978642-630op.jpg]

It's every pistonhead's nightmare scenario. Yes, yes, you love your kids. But what happens when the determination is made that you need a minivan. They make so much sense, and they're so practical. And when you're juggling three brats, two shopping bags and a stroller, being able to hit one button and slide the doors open is better than all the V12s in Britain. Sure, but remember this: minivan.

With that in mind, consider this: Some speed loving nutters over in jolly ol' England have gone ahead and swapped in a 275 horsepower four-banger from a 2003 Ford Focus RS into the waiting bay of a Transit Connect. That's pretty cool, eh? It actually gets a bit better. The builder installed a switch that let's you switch tanks from gasoline to LPG (liquefied petroleum gas). When running on LPG, the motor still churns out 200 hp.

Of course, just tossing in a slammer of an engine is one thing, but if you want a true sleeper you need to do more. And more is precisely what's been done. Aside from all the upgraded turbo parts and exhaust bits needed to take the normally 212 hp motor up to 275 ponies, there's the five-speed manual from the RS complete with trick quaife limited-slip diff. Then you got performance tires, Sparco seats and a boost gauge. And it's for sale for £8,000. Cool? Or should we say cool enough for enthusiast dad? Almost probably maybe yes. Full mod list after the jump.

More Pics

[Source: Ford Transit Forum via Motor Authority]

- 2003 Focus RS engine that had covered 26,000Miles
- Turbo Technics Hybrid T28 Turbo
- Forge Adjustable Actuator
- GRS Front mount Intercooler
- Custom Silicon Boost Pipes
- Blue-Flame De-Car
- Powerflow 2.5inch Custom Stainless Exhaust (With No Boxes)
- Focus RS Gearbox (With Quaife LSD)
- Omex 600 Standalone ECU (Fully Mappable)
- Cosworth 3bar MAP sensor
- Denso ITV24 Iridium Spark Plugs
- Focus RS Fuel Pump
- LPG Conversion
- Modified Inlet manifold (To Accept the LPG Injectors)
- Kenlow Hi-Flow Rad Fans
- Power 275BHP@18psi
- Mapped By Michael Woodford Motorsport (ME)
- Yokohama Prada Spec2 Tyres (All 4)
- Ford Racing Boost Gauge (Mounted in custom air vent pod)
- Sparco Evo Fibreglass Buckets On Custom Frames (Slightly tatty but not too bad)
I love the Van and the RS version. But wouldnt you put a V8 in it for the true amount of fun.

[Image: M-6007-GT.jpg]
Without side windows it's basically a fast getaway van :P

NefCanuck
Talk about Stealth. OMG!
I'm scared that thing will flip over on the first sharp turn
lol
wasn't me officer dose it look like this will do 160mph :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I have always love the Euro Transit. Every time I have been to England I look for the Modded ones. There are more out there than you think. Awsomeness X 2
Supervan IV, anyone?

Supervan
[Image: Supervan1a.jpg]

Supervan II
[Image: supervan_2_track.jpg]

Supervan III
[Image: Supervan%203.jpg]