FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mk Ii Focus And Focus Rs...2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it under the site search engine...

Anywhoo, my dad has some contacts who work for Ford, as well as located information from several sources online...the Euro-Spec Foci's are coming to the US and Canada in 2009 as 2010 models...Canada is even going to get the Focus RS too!

Yes, these are the cars from the same platform as the Volvo C30 T5, with the same fascias and skirt kits, etc that Ford has shown online. Whether or not the RS is going to be AWD remains to be disclosed, but we are going to get a 2.5L 5cyl turbo Foci with close to 300hp and 300ft lbs in North America...Finally!

L8tz
Drivesthebeast,Jul 28 2008, 04:42 PM Wrote:Well, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it under the site search engine...

Anywhoo,  my dad has some contacts who work for Ford, as well as located information from several sources online...the Euro-Spec Foci's are coming to the US and Canada in 2009 as 2010 models...Canada is even going to get the Focus RS too!

Yes, these are the cars from the same platform as the Volvo C30 T5, with the same fascias and skirt kits, etc that Ford has shown online.  Whether or not the RS is going to be AWD remains to be disclosed, but we are going to get a 2.5L 5cyl turbo Foci with close to 300hp and 300ft lbs in North America...Finally!

L8tz
[right][snapback]269500[/snapback][/right]

Perfect timing! ill be done paying for this focus when the new ones come over :)
Drivesthebeast,Jul 28 2008, 11:42 AM Wrote:the Euro-Spec Foci's are coming to the US and Canada in 2009 as 2010 models...Canada is even going to get the Focus RS too!

...  Whether or not the RS is going to be AWD remains to be disclosed, but we are going to get a 2.5L 5cyl turbo Foci with close to 300hp and 300ft lbs in North America...Finally!
You're right that this has been widely reported and talked about ... however, I don't recall seeing confirmation of the RS coming to Canada ... that's new news for me anyway. Thanks for the update.
castone,Jul 28 2008, 11:21 AM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Jul 28 2008, 04:42 PM Wrote:Well, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it under the site search engine...

Anywhoo,  my dad has some contacts who work for Ford, as well as located information from several sources online...the Euro-Spec Foci's are coming to the US and Canada in 2009 as 2010 models...Canada is even going to get the Focus RS too!

Yes, these are the cars from the same platform as the Volvo C30 T5, with the same fascias and skirt kits, etc that Ford has shown online.  Whether or not the RS is going to be AWD remains to be disclosed, but we are going to get a 2.5L 5cyl turbo Foci with close to 300hp and 300ft lbs in North America...Finally!

L8tz

Perfect timing! ill be done paying for this focus when the new ones come over :)
[right][snapback]269504[/snapback][/right]

i'd wait a couple years till they go down in price.....unlees you're ready to drop some nice chunk of change
I've gotten confirmation...

We ARE getting the AWD Focus RS...it's being built in both Michigan and Kentucky...

Oh Foci enthusisasts rejoice!
Drivesthebeast,Jul 28 2008, 07:00 PM Wrote:I've gotten confirmation...

We ARE getting the AWD Focus RS...it's being built in both Michigan and Kentucky...

Oh Foci enthusisasts rejoice!
[right][snapback]269527[/snapback][/right]

The New RS is FWD not AWD, I dought they would make an AWD focus for just North America.
woohoo~

but i hope the look of green rs is not coming to canada..
that front end looks really incomplete..

st front end looks much better..
any word on a diesel model coming over??
FocusGuy7476,Jul 29 2008, 04:57 PM Wrote:any word on a diesel model coming over??
[right][snapback]269564[/snapback][/right]
yeah that would be the only thing i would really want.
this will be interesting to see, might have to buy one, how it doesn't go the way of the cameo. gm has been saying that car is the next year for 5 years now. now they are sayinf 2010.
Canada IS going to get the RS in an AWD configuration...

Also, there is serious talk about removing the 4.0L V6 and 4.6L V8's from the new mustangs, and replacing them with ECOboost V6's that actuallly create more power than the larger displacement engines. There is also talk of putting an ECOboost engine in the next generation Fusion as well, to compete with the near-300hp V6's coming out of Nissan and Honda now...
there is no such thing as AWD RS..
you must have confused with WRC version of RS using AWD..

ford clearly said that they considered AWD but they decided to go with FWD with their new tech called, "revoknuckle" to get rid of weight..
konafocuswrc,Aug 3 2008, 05:11 PM Wrote:there is no such thing as AWD RS..
you must have confused with WRC version of RS using AWD..

ford clearly said that they considered AWD but they decided to go with FWD with their new tech called, "revoknuckle" to get rid of weight..
[right][snapback]269845[/snapback][/right]

Thank you.
sweeee~zoowoot~!!
check this video out

http://blip.tv/file/1102775
Time to start rolling my pennies.
it would look sick in black....blue....orange........im so not sure about that lime green
Sign me up.
So I'll be saving for a bit, cause you better believe I'll get a Focus RS!

I wonder if I can get the truck paid off first? :huh:
So is Europe going to keep the existing MkII platform or going to a MkIII? if the Euros are going to a MkIII and we're only now getting the MkII we're still a generation behind the Euros, so much for a global platform at Ford.

Laterz :)
hmm??
the one you are looking at the video is mk II facelift..
and that is what we are getting, so we are not behind..
Pages: 1 2