FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Ride :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since I bought the Focus I have been very happy with it. However, I've always wanted something with a little more "muscle" to it. So instead of dumping a good chunk of change into the Focus I decided to take a different route. A friend of mine told me about this car a while back. His Dad's best friend had owned it for over 10 years. So I decided to go out and take a peak one day....... eventually it lead to my next purchase. The Focus is still my daily driver however, my weekend cruiser is now a 1994 Pontiac Trans Am. Its the 25th Anniversary Edition with a 6spd T-tops LT1 etc. Apparantly only 126 were ever built with the 6 speed for that year and only 10 or so are registered in Canada. It has had quiet a bit of work done to the motor to push it out to 380whp 395wtq. It goes like a bat outta hell, sucks a s*** load of gas when your foot is on the floor but still gets 26mpg on the highway cruising in 6th. So none the less, here it is!

[Image: 0719082103-02.jpg]
[Image: 0719082103-01.jpg]
[Image: 0719082103-00.jpg]
[Image: 0719082102-00.jpg]

Sorry if the pics are bad quality, thats the best my cell can do! :lol:
Nice looks good...Bring it to the Massive meet on Monday
lol nice Matt

did you already take it to the track?
Finally some pics!!!!
Any plans to replace the rear seats with audio again?

Nice score, I had a line on a Formula, not as juicy as yours but still a brute. In the end, the insurance was just too high, even without the speeding tickets.
I got a ride in a WS6 a few years ago. Fawkin bad ass car.
looks nice, but you should put LED red lights under the front hood vent intakes and call it KIT :)

ohhh if you want you can paint it black as well, but that is optional :D
Boat out of hell is right.

DAYUM.

Sweet ride Matt. Take care of it. :P
nice whip bring it out to Cayuga in Aug and we'll line it up but hey, don't mean to be knocking ur new car but are the rims blue? can't tell from the pics on how it looks from the side, but I hope the rims don't make it look like a import. If it was me id paint them white or if u had to stick with blue i would go with the same shade as the stripes
The blue rims were part of the special edition.
Nice ride dude!

I don't even have a Mustang Anymore...I just traded it in a few weeks ago...Now I have something that MAYBE does 160 (Governed above that)...but it's got leathers, seats 5, and is TOTALLY out of character for me...

Anyways, it's nice to see that an enthusiast has muckled onto such a nice car, and hopefully you're going to take good care of it, and keep the mileage off of it (talking high mileage). After seeing the level of care and detailing you spend on your ZX5, I know that the Pontiac is in good hands...just watch that rear end on left handers in the rain...;)

L8tz
Ah the last of the Firechickens (But those puppies had real grunt they did)

NefCanuck
I thought the insurance for the Focus was expensive for you. How much more does it cost to insure this beast?
Drivesthebeast,Jul 28 2008, 11:17 AM Wrote:Nice ride dude!

I don't even have a Mustang Anymore...I just traded it in a few weeks ago...Now I have something that MAYBE does 160 (Governed above that)...but it's got leathers, seats 5, and is TOTALLY out of character for me...

Anyways, it's nice to see that an enthusiast has muckled onto such a nice car, and hopefully you're going to take good care of it, and keep the mileage off of it (talking high mileage).  After seeing the level of care and detailing you spend on your ZX5, I know that the Pontiac is in good hands...just watch that rear end on left handers in the rain...;)

L8tz
[right][snapback]269496[/snapback][/right]

Pics pics pics Ian!

Matty! That looks fawking wicked dude! Congrats on a sweet-ass ride!

I've always loved those cars - never could decide if I liked the WS6 TransAms or the Camaro SSes better. You have a seriously rare ride, dude.

Enjoy it!
looks good matt, now keep it in good condition, and don't drive the piss out of it, or drive it stupid. that's a car you want to keep mint.
Frost__2001,Jul 28 2008, 04:38 PM Wrote:looks good matt, now keep it in good condition, and don't drive the piss out of it, or drive it stupid. that's a car you want to keep mint.
[right][snapback]269518[/snapback][/right]

pfffffff.

PLEASE drive the snot out of it, thats what its meant for!
Flofocus,Jul 28 2008, 03:39 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jul 28 2008, 04:38 PM Wrote:looks good matt, now keep it in good condition, and don't drive the piss out of it, or drive it stupid. that's a car you want to keep mint.
[right][snapback]269518[/snapback][/right]

pfffffff.

PLEASE drive the snot out of it, thats what its meant for!
[right][snapback]269519[/snapback][/right]

^^no kidding....

stick with the fawkuz if u wanna be slow :lol:
sweet car. I used to have a 3rd gen firebird and they are fun to drive, my only advise is be watchful of the front end. they stick out far. I always had problems parking because of the front end and it is easier to tap things to.

other then that RWD is the only real way to go, that firebird was so much fun in the winter. I kind of wish the body didn't start to rust out on it, I probably wuld still have it.
Thanks for all the comments guys! Of course I will be taking care of it. REALLY good care of it. Drew the rims on the car are from the 30th Anniversary Trans Am. They suite the car really well, it doesnt look like an import! Also, these are 17's and allow you to throw on a 285 series tire (which is what it has F + R). I also have the stock 16" White ones in mint shape, so they are gonna stay that way ;) As for Insurance, since I switched to Bel Air Direct I pay $331 a month for the Focus and the Trans Am, so really Im not complaining anymore! I will see what I can do for August on bringing it out, it all depends if I get sucked into work or not!
$331....is that under your name?
Pages: 1 2