FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Death At Dunnville Autodrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There must be much more to this, as I can't understand how someone could hit a building there:

Fatality at Dunnville Autodrome
Posted By OPP in Haldimand
Posted 1 hour ago

(Dunnville, ON) The Ontario Provincial Police, Haldimand County Detachment along with Haldimand County EMS and Fire responded to a serious single car crash at the Dunnville Autodrome, Port Maitland Road, Dunnville, Haldimand County.

Saturday, July 19th at approximately 10:40am, a 1991 green Mazda Miata operated by Sidney Paine, age 73, of Mississauga, ON was at the Autodrome touring the track. The driver was rounding a corner and for unknown reasons left the track and collided into a building. Bystanders attended the driver and performed CPR until EMS arrived.

The coroner attended and Mr. Paine was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Haldimand County OPP is continuing to investigate along with the assistance of OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators.

A post-mortem is being held Sunday.

[Image: track.gif]
wow, 73 and still racing....i guess it was just the time
maybe he had some sort of problems hence causing him to crash into the building. usually they will be able to find out if he was dead before even hitting the building.
Hrm, based on just the report I somehow doubt this was a mechanical issue (A gentleman of 73 driving a Miata of that vintage on the track probably was more attentive to it then most of us are to our cars...)

Sad :(

NefCanuck
did i miss something but what corner or where was he on the track when he went off and hit the wall and he must have been a very experienced driver RIP
Latest report is he had a medical condition. On the bright side he passed away doing something he enjoyed, better than behind a desk with work piled to the ceiling. RIP