FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bad Trip To The Mall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i was the the mall for a bit while it was raining. when i came back out to my car the passenger side of my car was filled with water. the leak was coming from under the dash on the left side of the passenger side. So i go to drive it and ge it out of the rain and while i am driving it sounds like my tire is flat, so i pull over and get out to take a look and there is a piece of glass about 3 inches wide in my right rear tire. so i took it to formula ford where i work and i should have the tire repaired by 10 so that it will still be in the show and shine tomorrow. i might be waxing it at the start of the show though. Anyone else had the leaking problem though?
phased_focus,Jul 19 2008, 08:55 PM Wrote:So i was the the mall for a bit while it was raining. when i came back out to my car the passenger side of my car was filled with water. the leak was coming from under the dash on the left side of the passenger side. So i go to drive it and ge it out of the rain and while i am driving it sounds like my tire is flat, so i pull over and get out to take a look and there is a piece of glass about 3 inches wide in my right rear tire. so i took it to formula ford where i work and i should have the tire repaired by 10 so that it will still be in the show and shine tomorrow. i might be waxing it at the start of the show though. Anyone else had the leaking problem though?
[right][snapback]269041[/snapback][/right]

mmm, so its just water and not anti freeze? I think the cabin air filter is around there. Maybe it rained thru that. You should get a body of you hose the car while you are under the passenger dash area locating the leak.
Hey. I have read about this on FF before, so i am going to direct you there. (Hope it is not against the forum rules)

here

There is a TSB for it.

Good luck. :P
thanks for the help and i will be checking the tsb's on monday.
Show'nshine gonna be pretty rained out today.... :(
If it doesnt die out and it doesnt look like it will then it is moved to next sunday.
I had the same leak earlier this year. Its leaking thru the trim piece at the base of the passenger side winshield. Ford replaced the trim that conseals the cabin filter (the black trim under the pass. wiper) and sealed it with silicon. My leak disapeared after that was done. At first I thought it was the heater core, but luckily it wasn't.