FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: challanger.jpg]

looks amazing. I think i'm just going to ignore my last two posts and start this one instead. screw saving gas and EV cars. THis thing looks mean as hell.

I just saw a black SRT on the road and looks mean! Love it
saw one the other day on the highway....looks very nice
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 12:10 AM Wrote:saw one the other day on the highway....looks very nice
[right][snapback]268926[/snapback][/right]
yeah i can't wait for the Camaro to come out as well. Then we would have a nice battle.

[Image: 2009-camaro-driving.jpg]
Dam that thing looks fast even sitting still. I think I like it more then the Mustang.
With gas at 1.30L for the regular stuff I think I would stay with my econo box. Have you noticed the amount of late model full size trucks on the used car lots lately? Full size cars and SUV's arent far behind. Also these will also require the use of premium fuel I can't justify paying upwards of $2L.

Nice cars, but to expensive to fill up.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 18 2008, 01:46 AM Wrote:With gas at 1.30L for the regular stuff I think I would stay with my econo box.  Have you noticed the amount of late model full size trucks on the used car lots lately?  Full size cars and SUV's arent far behind.  Also these will also require the use of premium fuel I can't justify paying upwards of $2L. 

Nice cars, but to expensive to fill up.
[right][snapback]268932[/snapback][/right]
hell ya! i love to look at them and drive them as long as someone else actually owns them :)

I couldnt belaive my eyes when i saw 05 Magnum Hemi sold for 9500 :D anything with 8 cyl. in it right now is going down. SUV's that were 20-15K couple of months ago are around 12-10K now and still no one wants them.
It's pretty bad that in a couple of years my 08 Escape will be considered a gas guzzler!

I'd get a Camaro, personally. No offense to the Dodge boys but that Camaro is a step forward. To me the Mustang is pretty much a step sideways and the Challenger (new tech be damned) is a step back.
Problem for me is that the Challenger will forever be linked to "The Dukes of Hazzard" not something that'd get me to buy it :P

NefCanuck
I had one of those (in black) blast the doors off me as (she) passed me in the left lane on the 404, needless to say nice ride, helluva exhaust note being piped out the back. :P
same motor as my car

as for gas well ..................pay to play
Nef: They used a Charger in Dukes of Hazard :)

I saw one of these at the auto show, and I just stood there in a daze and drooled. I was very close to needing a handful of kleenex and some "alone time".

It absolutely beautiful. The only thing that turned me off was that it doesn't have the long hood/short deck like the original. But that was it. Oh, and it only comes with an automatic.

[Image: 09challenger.jpg]
The autotragic is inevitable, really... people have more money than driving skills these days.

Hopefully the Camaro comes with a stick!
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 18 2008, 08:44 AM Wrote:The autotragic is inevitable, really... people have more money than driving skills these days.

[right][snapback]268957[/snapback][/right]

Wanna bet if it does NOS that the General will only put it together with the weaker motor?

GM is hemmoraging money, they can't be shelling out for warranty claims when the yokels melt their clutches & trannies in 5,000km :lol:

NefCanuck
torradan,Jul 18 2008, 06:38 AM Wrote:It absolutely beautiful.  The only thing that turned me off was that it doesn't have the long hood/short deck like the original.  But that was it.  Oh, and it only comes with an automatic.
[right][snapback]268949[/snapback][/right]

The 2008 3/4 only comes with automatic. When the 2009 production begins all models including SRT8 will be available with manual transmission......Clipped from a Chrysler press release...

The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 features an SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine mated with a new-for-2009 six-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick that generates a blistering 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. The vehicle can go from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds
I love the car, definately something I wouldnt mind owning.
NefCanuck,Jul 17 2008, 11:35 PM Wrote:Problem for me is that the Challenger will forever be linked to "The Dukes of Hazzard" not something that'd get me to buy it :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268939[/snapback][/right]
You're thinking of the Charger, not the Challenger.

As a former Camaro owner it pains me to say that I think Dodge has done a much better job on the Challenger than GM did on the new Camaro ... the Dodge looks like a real car and is very much true to the design of the original ... the Camaro to me looks like a caricature of it's former self - it's almost as if they let the transformer guys design it for them and not someone who truly appreciated the history of the Camaro.
we have 2 of them at my work, I think they are ex press cars.
:lol:

I wish I had a camera the other day....

There was a guy with an orange one here on Burlington and in the back window was a sticker of a huge lemon with "don't bother" in the middle of it.

:lol:

I pissed.
Saw a new one plated yesterday in Mississauga. Nice machine.
NefCanuck,Jul 18 2008, 10:13 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 18 2008, 08:44 AM Wrote:The autotragic is inevitable, really... people have more money than driving skills these days.

[right][snapback]268957[/snapback][/right]

Wanna bet if it does NOS that the General will only put it together with the weaker motor?

GM is hemmoraging money, they can't be shelling out for warranty claims when the yokels melt their clutches & trannies in 5,000km :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]268959[/snapback][/right]

Nah they'll just disavow driveline repairs with obvious signs of abuse.

"A new clutch in 5K? Sir, are you 16 again?" :rofl:

Sorry Nef, wasn't slagging on your preference for a slushbox. The way they keep designing them these days, I'd rather have a DSG than a manual anyhow - better performance, quicker shifts, less for the driver to mess up. It's the old-school autos I'm tired of.
Pages: 1 2