FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Header Installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This OBX header is amazing. Th eoff the line and top end power is F'N aawsome for the Duratec. I'll post a video of it tomorrow on my Facebook for you that want to see and hear it. For the guys that come to the meet and wanna feel how it drives I will honestly give you the keys to take it for a rip.
Did you have to remove one of your cats for the header? I guess you would have to get a tune as well? I was considering it as a future upgrade (pending divorce)
Ya the exhaust mainfold has a cat built into it (one hole big ass piece). I had my buddy do it for me beacuse a bunch of muffler and performance shops wanted like $400-$500 to do it and they pretty much wanted to drop the motor. He just removed the rear enging mount pulled the alternator and wiggled the dam thing out. I do have a tunner SCT X2, so thats no prob for me, though I do have to take the First O2 Sensor and and place it in the slot of the secound O2 sersor. Cause the programer deletes the secound one. Believe me well worth it, sounds like a well done ninja bike at full throtle.
Cool man, can wait to see and hear it at the next meet.
i loved my OBX header on zetec.....my was heat wrapped though and siliconed.....you should look into doing this to yours
U dun have to wrap it with the way the motor is set up i say rock it the way it is i wonder what it will do at the track u r coming up in aug right
ZX3_2NV,Jul 17 2008, 10:48 AM Wrote:U dun have to wrap it with the way the motor is set up i say rock it the way it is i wonder what it will do at the track u r coming up in aug right
[right][snapback]268891[/snapback][/right]
Ya I'm just gonna cover up the other parts of the engine and I'm coming for sure.
Heat wrap helps allot I think. Each to his own, you don't need it, it won't damage anything if you don't have it done.
those open headers produce ALOT of heat.....plus they say it helps the flow of fumes to go faster

even after a hard run i could grab with bare hand on the header for a couple seconds and not get burned
Ya Iknow it helps with the heat but the car is mostly for Show and not Go. Next is a Cosworth Intake Manifold.
you say its for show....yet you're about to buy $700 intake manifold ?

i don't remember but there's like not exact install of that manifold for 2L Duratechs......i think they were spesificly made for 2.3L Dura.....some issue is there...fitment or something

if ur gettin that intake you MUST get FS turbo kit after....or its just a waste of big bucks
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:if ur gettin that intake you MUST get FS turbo kit after....or its just a waste of big bucks
[right][snapback]268982[/snapback][/right]

No s***, huge waste of money!
True true. I have seen 2.0L with them on, they had to changed it up and add more fuel to it to compensate for the mass amount of air, but it was either manifold or complete coil overs and sway bars. Like I said I don't really race with it.
Is there a way we can add a spell check to all of Nik's posts? Sorry Nik I had to. As for what Scorcher spends his money on, thats his choice. Don't thrash him for buying go-fast parts and not going fast.
.....wow, ok

just trying to put him into the right direction, not aloud to do that now?

why don't he go buy other useless mods to him now, like fuel rail some cam gears...anything that looks good under the hood but does nothing power wise for now
So thanx fior the support guys, heres the pics and link to the video of my headers and of Mikes exhaust too.
[Image: 100_0758.jpg]
[Image: 100_0759.jpg]
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509144476
Wowww, sweet. Congrats John. Can't wait to see and hear that at the next meet. Very curious :)

Ehhhh don't diss the russian man... XDDDD
had to add you to friends in order to take a look at the vid
NikiterZTS,Jul 18 2008, 08:19 PM Wrote:had to add you to friends in order to take a look at the vid
[right][snapback]269020[/snapback][/right]
No Prob more the marrier
Sorry Nic for flying off on You. I was having a moment.

Looks good John. Can't wait to see it next meet.
Pages: 1 2